Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: The Painful Way

Mr. Sparkle
  • Start Topic

Did someone say Mutiny?

I love that all Sharon had to do to prove she was once again a good leader was give Brice a hug and then promise him he could be the one to punch Trust. 

Lane once again proved that he is just an idiot who has a knack for picking the wrong horse.   But then Trust is starting to look like he is just a pawn in this increasinly complicated game a chess and it is his wife who is the chess master.   Although Trust did pull out all the fun "You knew I was married" lines with Cat.  

Poor sweet Angus....you need to listen to your big head and not your little head.

And once again Aliicia proves she is the smartest person in the room.   But also kinda brave.  

• Like 1

I just don’t understand what Trust’s plan was for when they got to Proxima B.  Yes, they would have the FTL shield (that didn’t work anyway) but then what?  Ark 15 would be there waiting for them and they have no way of fighting back against it.  The shield won’t last forever and it’s not like they’ll be able to get down to the planet with Ark 15 there.  Even if they could get down to the planet, Ark 15 would just bombard them from orbit.

And, another thing, anyone at any time is allowed to just dump anything into space?  I would think there would be some safeguards, alarms, or access codes required to operate the space garbage.

Edited by KeithJ
  • Like 3

If ever there was any doubt about how much of a badass Sharon is, that scene of her sewing up her own head wound should erase those doubts.

So much for Brice and Ava. A Brice/Sharon pairing might be in the cards instead. 

I’m sorry, Kelly doesn’t look like she has the strength to open a jar of olives, let alone break the neck of a physically fit man twice her size, even taking him by surprise.

People keep saying how much of a genius Trust is, but he couldn’t figure out the FTL drive, some other lady did, and he didn’t do the shield correctly either, which Alicia could tell after looking at the specs for two seconds. 

• Like 2

In a surprise to absolutely no one, Kelly turns out NOT be an engineer and is in fact from Ark 15.
So what was she still doing on Ark 3 ?  And why did Ark 15 turn all murdery ?

How is Ark 15 tracking them ?  Ark 1 was flying away from the direction of Proxima B for over a week.

Still can't believe that Eva drugged Brice -- I guess sexy time is over for them.

Helena really is the evil half of the Trust power couple.  William Trust would only threaten to kill people to get his way while Helena would actually pull the trigger -- she seems to be quite the sociopath.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

How is Ark 15 tracking them ?  Ark 1 was flying away from the direction of Proxima B for over a week.

The tracking them is the easy answer, Kelly’s Ark 15 apple watch told them where Ark 1 was, once she got it fixed. How’d they catch up to them so fast, maybe that’s explained next week.

Oh, I forgot another part I loved: after the fight on the bridge is over, Sharon punching Lane right in the face. I laaaaaaaaughed…

• Like 1

Obviously we aren't supposed to like her, but Helena is really just awful. She says the others are acting like children, but she's the one who locked everyone out of their controls the second they made a decisions she disagreed with. Luckily Alicia could break their code in about 5 seconds.

Here's what I don't get. Proxima B is about the size of Earth, right? Maybe slightly bigger. Couldn't they just land on the other side of the planet from Ark 15? There are only a couple hundred people on each ark, certainly they could both manage to live there? Obviously, if Ark 15 wants to kill them they could just fly over and attack, but why would they? (Although it is looking like I'm right and Ark 15 is out to kill William Trust). 

18 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Obviously we aren't supposed to like her, but Helena is really just awful.

All Helena needs is a mustache so she can twirl it and laugh evilly: muahahahaaaa!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, marinw said:

Oh this show! Those three were suffocating in a room full a helmets!

They covered that. They said the helmets don’t work unless they’re also wearing the suits. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Wait, we’re another week into ftl flight, and they still don’t have someone training as backup for the Doc?  Maybe they should have reassigned Lane to be a candy striper- it might have kept him busy enough to stay out of the Trust’s orbit.  Speaking of which, I’ve called him Elon before, but it looks like Trust has a little Bezos in him too- because it looks like his ex is coming next week to collect a little back alimony.

“Klampkins” continues to be an incredibly silly name for a fictional disease (especially when shouted in brogue).

• Like 2
18 hours ago, kariyaki said:

They covered that. They said the helmets don’t work unless they’re also wearing the suits. 

Of course, this is the only spaceship crew that would keep the suits and helmets in separate rooms. Maybe on different decks.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, DaveA said:

Of course, this is the only spaceship crew that would keep the suits and helmets in separate rooms. Maybe on different decks.

Its a standard design, these are the best survivors of a humanity that killed their home. My guess is Ark 15 are environmental terrorist working to stop us for doing it somewhere else.  And with that I will be spending an hour a week somewhere else.

On 3/29/2023 at 10:26 PM, kariyaki said:

People keep saying how much of a genius Trust is, but he couldn’t figure out the FTL drive, some other lady did, and he didn’t do the shield correctly either, which Alicia could tell after looking at the specs for two seconds. 

So he IS Elon!

On 4/1/2023 at 1:21 PM, DaveA said:

It wasn't an issue originally when they were all wearing the suits that connected to the helmets as daily attire.

Honestly, no one has a knife for personal protection at this point? I bet Alicia could have done some serious damage on the bridge in the final fight just by sheer rabid-mongoose-esque energy and a sharp object. And why are we just punching mutineers? Trust and Lady McTrust should have been shot out of an airlock already. Then work things out with the Ark 1 folks who didn't require neck snapping/stabbing/shooting to subdue.

Is there any reason in the next episode that Ark1 wouldn't just have Trust and Lady McTrust over to Ark15 with their compliments? I'm guessing SusKelly told them all about Alicia and Angus as well, so Ark15 is going to try and go "shopping' through Ark1 for key resources/people.

BSG Memorial Personnel Count: 127
 -1: Sus Kelly's Engineer Sacrifice
 -1: Jail Guard? I feel like SusKelly would just snap a neck for expediency at this point and he... did not look good.