Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Manhunt

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, cinsays said:

yeah, i think she will eventually tell Will, but it's just taking a while.  more realistic than other shows that rush things.

and she's definitely going to do something about the creepy abuser after this line and seeing him with the kid in the elevator.

we need to see him get the justice he deserves

I wonder if she isn’t telling Will because:

1). She knows that if she did, Will would take action and she wants to protect him..Wil, not the creep

2). She IS going to do something and she wants to protect Will from any blowback.  

• Like 10
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

yeah, i think she will eventually tell Will, but it's just taking a while.  more realistic than other shows that rush things.

and she's definitely going to do something about the creepy abuser after this line and seeing him with the kid in the elevator.

we need to see him get the justice he deserves

I hope she'll find somebody else to do something about him.  She's got too much to protect and defend to be going rogue on an old abuser.  We know she has lots of community contacts that can "take care" of creeper without it pointing back at her.  It would take a deep-dive into her probably sealed juvenile documents to bring out their connection.  

I'm all for her & Will supporting each other, it's just not healthy for either to be solely reliant on each other. 

That's not a "serious relationship", it's co-dependence with boinking.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 1

That's all true, but I try to cut them both some slack because they're both very damaged, hurt people.  There has never been a "normal" for them, only the current situation and trying to deal with it the best they can.  Watching them try to navigate this can be frustrating, but it all comes across as real.

• Like 11

I hope that someone makes a real Instagram account for Betty, I would love to follow her. You know its going to be a good episode when we start with Betty looking extra cute in a shopping cart. I can appreciate that we can go back and fourth pretty seamlessly between drama and light comedy, starting with a cute dog becoming a social media star and ending with Angie reeling from seeing the man who abused her again, who is now possibly abusing his step-daughter. 

I am really looking forward to meeting Faith's mom, hopefully we will get to soon. She really has chemistry with everyone she meets, even with the escaped convict who kidnapped her, albeit for the greater good. 

I'm very worried about what Angie is going to do next, I suspect she might relapse, go after the creep herself, or both. My guess is that she's already thinking of killing him and doesn't want to put Will in the situation where he would have to face blowback for aiding her or have to turn her in, but hopefully it doesn't come to that and she can deal with this creep legally.

Another really good episode.

• Like 5
On 3/22/2023 at 1:03 PM, DEL901 said:

I also wondered why an old frail woman would be driving a giant pickup truck.

My 74-year-old, 5’5” mother with knee problems drives a Dodge Ram and a Chevy Avalanche, as well as a smaller car for tooling around town. My parents have been driving pickup trucks or SUVs for as long as I can remember. They still go camping, though now they use a trailer rather than a tent. If you can handle the vehicle and need something like a truck, there’s no reason not to have it.

On 3/23/2023 at 8:54 AM, Clanstarling said:

There was a moment or two when I thought the actor looked like French Stewart - but I didn't pay attention to the credits and I kept telling myself I was wrong!

Same!

• Like 2

I do not ask much realism from TV anymore, especially crime shows, but the whole Faith plot was stupid from almost every angle.
I guess Georgia must be a state with no cameras anywhere, not in court houses, not in shops or parking lots where someone seems to be holding a woman against her will in full daylight, etc etc etc. But the biggest stupidity was cops believing so easily that Faith was bad. Or the worst was the fresh onions found in the closed cabin?

Strongest asset of this show is its casting. 
Weakest, is the writing.
I  personally really dislike the whole "our heroes had the toughest traumatizing past and they are damaged" thing. 
It is the weakest kind of writing and so common in American TV. Why almost every police officer/agent/etc must be
having a terrible past/childhood/trauma/abuse? You can have an interesting and complicated person without having her/him
tormented in childhood.  
It is not only Angie and Will (God knows from where those scars come from...) it is even Faith, who gave birth when she was 15.. and I would not surprised if  their boss also had something horrible happened to her and we just do now know it yet.
And how Angie still has a police job with all of her addiction issues? Have I missed something here?

15 minutes ago, Zaffy said:

I do not ask much realism from TV anymore, especially crime shows, but the whole Faith plot was stupid from almost every angle.
I guess Georgia must be a state with no cameras anywhere, not in court houses, not in shops or parking lots where someone seems to be holding a woman against her will in full daylight, etc etc etc. But the biggest stupidity was cops believing so easily that Faith was bad. Or the worst was the fresh onions found in the closed cabin?

Strongest asset of this show is its casting. 
Weakest, is the writing.
I  personally really dislike the whole "our heroes had the toughest traumatizing past and they are damaged" thing. 
It is the weakest kind of writing and so common in American TV. Why almost every police officer/agent/etc must be
having a terrible past/childhood/trauma/abuse? You can have an interesting and complicated person without having her/him
tormented in childhood.  
It is not only Angie and Will (God knows from where those scars come from...) it is even Faith, who gave birth when she was 15.. and I would not surprised if  their boss also had something horrible happened to her and we just do now know it yet.
And how Angie still has a police job with all of her addiction issues? Have I missed something here?

As an FYI, the show is based on a series of books and the characters backgrounds come from there. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

The problem is that we have A LOT of people with the issues represented by the characters on this show, and we have a tendency to make more cop shows than any other (except maybe doctor shows). So if you want to represent people who reflect those traits, you have to make them cops (or doctors). Also, yes, there are a lot of cops with problems. Addiction is very common and USA police are not that likely to be kicked out of their profession for various "issues". I know a truck driver who lost her license for being an alcoholic, but there are addicts in recovery in every walk of life that I've ever heard of.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

Addiction is very common and USA police are not that likely to be kicked out of their profession for various "issues".

not that these people carry a gun and the "various issues" can blur their judgment on shooting someone or mess up with a case,  naaah... 

7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

As an FYI, the show is based on a series of books and the characters backgrounds come from there. 

thanks for info, I did not know that, I still do not like and I find it weak writing..

I totally forgot about this show. I finally watched this episode last night. After starting the show almost a year ago.