Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Val Collins

Tommn1
  • Start Topic

Police Officer

Relationship to Significant Castaway: Jeremy Collin's wife

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I have the mental toughness. I respect the game. You need to respect the game to play it. I know how to play the social game and will pay attention to opponents’ advantages before they realize them and use them as options.

Official CBS Bio

She is the only person I had a positive reaction to in the cast videos. Everybody else ranged from absolutely horrendous to only mildly tolerable.

She seems sweet, funny and is in great shape. I am hoping she makes it far!

Monica never bothered me and I really liked Taj. There are far worse people she could claim to be like. On the other hand, neither Monica nor Taj won their seasons (though they have both managed to get pretty far), so that may not bode well of Val's chances.

• Love 1

She is my pick to win due to the fact cops have done very well on CBS Competition shows this year.

Actually, that was the point of my "for-or-against" question.  Last season's win by a policeman could be considered a disadvantage to her game - if her profession is known by the other contestants.

But, weren't they filming this while the other game was being shown on TV? That's usually how it works, you are out there while the newest season is airing.

Not Survivor; the new season generally doesn't start shooting until shortly after the previous season's finale airs. Cagayan's finale aired May 21, 2014, and shooting on San Juan Del Sur didn't start until June 2 - almost two weeks after.

I think Val was shaping up to be very likeable, but it wasn't meant to be.

Val was up against the 8-ball as far as alliances went, but I don't know how else she could have survived the next vote. especially if the riff between her and Baylor was real.

Personally I blame Rocker for giving her a false sense of security. Why would Rocker have assumed she had another HII, and if so, why wouldn't he have asked her outright if she had one? And, why wouldn't Val have admitted it if Rocker claimed he was trying to save her?

Personally I blame Rocker for giving her a false sense of security. Why would Rocker have assumed she had another HII, and if so, why wouldn't he have asked her outright if she had one? And, why wouldn't Val have admitted it if Rocker claimed he was trying to save her?

Val told Rocker she had two idols.  Which should have set off all sorts of alarms in Rocker's head, but the 'roids apparently blocked them.  Both Val and Rocker are idiots.

• Love 3

Thanks JerseyGuy, for reminding me of the seeds Val planted earlier on. Which was kind of dumb especially since it wasn't even subtle. But, why Rocker would assume that HIIs are available by the bushel this early in the game,... eludes me.

But this is a Val thread, so I'll rant about Rocker elsewhere. Val: you messed up.

• Love 1
Personally I blame Rocker for giving her a false sense of security.

I don't. Any false sense of security she might have gotten from him derived from her telling him she had two idols. I may not like John, but in his place, if I wanted to protect someone and they told me they had two idols, I'd think warning them to be sure to play one idol was enough. In what scenario would Val pretending to the guy that was trying to (secretly) work with her that she had idols when she did not ever had a positive outcome for her? Once again, not liking John, but he wanted to hide the alliance (not a bad idea, even if Josh kind of figured it out), making her play an idol if she still had one to spare is ok in my book.

Of course, not being a Survivor fan, he didn't know that you don't have so many laying around so early in the game - why would he? he found one easily enough, so in his book anyone else could have, I guess.    

• Love 4

I don't. Any false sense of security she might have gotten from him derived from her telling him she had two idols.    

On retrospect (and my previous post reminding me of Val's exuberance in hinting at having her own HIIs) I agree fully. Val's own doing. She perhaps had a better shot by coming clean to Rocker and trying to instigate an alternative plan to save her bacon ahead of Baylor, instead of relying on the guys to split 3-3.