Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: Family Ties

• Start Topic

When Navy residents discover their vehicles were burglarized overnight, the NCIS team connects it to a series of peculiar crimes and tracks down an unlikely bandit. Also, Whistler struggles with an uncooperative CI and Alex weighs his college options.

FBI informants and dogs. A New York show just did those themes. Kai is a good man, placing himself in the bite line like that instead of more lethal protection. 

Bam Bam does work better in combination with Boom Boom. Bringing on a kid as an offscreen Patton (New Orleans) was a good move. While I guess Alex will be written out when he becomes a Midshipman at Annapolis.

Boom Boom and Bam Bam!  I do love a little bit of the spice they bring to an episode.  I also especially like they're messing with Kai.

I also appreciated when Jane comes out to join the team, she immediately, and mildly irritatedly, asks what was so important to require that the SAC come to the crime scene.  This is a more realistic hierarchy in how actual federal agencies work.  SACs rarely do field work. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed the case about the stolen items.  And especially the scene of that elephant slime, that was cool.

Thoroughly did not enjoy the B plot with Kenny Sparks.  Poor Whistler.  I would have had zero tolerance for that guy.  I hope he doesn't become a recurring character, he is irritating beyond belief.

I liked Boom Boom and Bam Bam together and I liked how they acknowledged that they purposely mess with Kai.  Wondering if we will get a third member of their team with a huge posterior that they call Bum Bum.

• Like 1

Congrats Alex! Naval Academy huh. Will Daniel be happy about this? He wants him to go pro.

I don’t enjoy the COTW at all. I don’t believe Robbie can pull all his saviour complex stunts on his own. He makes law enforcement officers look like fools. In the end, he’s being rewarded for all his bad behaviors under the disguise of “your skills are better used elsewhere for a greater good”.

Since the beginning, Kate Whistler has been established as a smart and resourceful FBI agent. Now the writers want us to believe she’s struggling to handle one flaky CI and needs Lucy’s emotional support in the middle of the day? Come on writers, find a more believable “work issue”. 🙄

Boom2 and Bam2 are assholes! Being mean to Kai is considered as “fun at work”? Hope Kai will have his payback one day.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Since the beginning, Kate Whistler has been established as a smart and resourceful FBI agent. Now the writers want us to believe she’s struggling to handle one flaky CI and needs Lucy’s emotional support in the middle of the day? Come on writers, find a more believable “work issue”. 🙄

In the beginning Whistler was a Defense Intelligence Agency analyst  who it seemed transferred directly to the FBI, in the NCIS franchise way of Feds changing agencies, without going to Quantico and their academy. While never a Keystone Kop she is still the rookie of the show with the other agents Boone in DC and Kai in USMC CID transferring  in with years of investigative experience. I can buy her working her first CI when her boss stepped in to force the issue on him.

That Whistler has a mentor in Janey, outside of her FBI chain of command because her girlfriend works in the NCIS office , sets her apart from most characters

37 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Boom2 and Bam2 are assholes! Being mean to Kai is considered as “fun at work”? Hope Kai will have his payback one day.

I got a feeling it stays that way unless the show last long enough for a replacement new guy to join SAC Tennent's team to then get the treatment.

On 3/14/2023 at 9:14 PM, Pietr said:

A fun episode when I wasn't distracted by the set designers deciding that Lucy and Kate sleeping on quilted pillow covers 🙄

LOL- I agree.  All I could think is that didn't look comfortable, and for some reason what they were wearing didn't either.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, lh25 said:

All I could think is that didn't look comfortable, and for some reason what they were wearing didn't either.

I too am disappointed by their wardrobe choices while in bed together but I'll be gentlemanly and leave it at that.

The highlight of the episode for me was Boom Boom and Bam Bam messing with Kai. I don't think they are being mean to him. They will lighten up when he does. Until then he should expect his comments to be taken literally and to be on the receiving end of expectant stares while he tries to figure out how to tie his shoes in their presence.

Not sure how I feel about the CI. Hawaii 5-0 was hit and miss with obnoxious recurring characters and some of them stayed well past their welcome. I still want the Fish and Wildlife crew back, they were fun.

• Like 4

So I am supposed to believe that a 17-year-old kid has the skill to remove all four tires from 8-10 cars quickly and quietly enough to escape detection?  On a cul-de-sac with only one point of escape?  And no car had an alarm system?  No house with a motion-detecting light/camera?  No barking dog waking up its owner?  O.k., sure. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1