Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E03: The Blind Auditions, Part 3

• Start Topic

Coaches Chance the Rapper, Kelly Clarkson, Niall Horan and Blake Shelton all vie to discover and coach the next singing phenomenon on the third night of blind auditions.

Airs March 13 at 8:00pm on NBC

There were some very good performances in this episode.  It's interesting to figure out the types of contestants that the judges are looking for to be on their teams.  Chance is really growing on me-he is very thoughtful about his team and his words.  I like the relationship between Blake and Niall.  Kelly seems a bit on the fringes this season as Blake is interacting more with Niall than with her and Chance is focused on the competition.  In terms of predicting which contestant will pick which coach (when more than 1 chair turns), I'm not doing particularly well.  Several surprise coach picks (IMO).  So far a fun season. 

• Like 4

I am enjoying both Chance and Niall. Good choices. I love Blake and all miss him but I don't know if I can take a season full of "this is my last season". 

After all the seasons all I really enjoy is the blinds. I don't like the way they eliminate. I enjoy one a week but I guess they can't commit that long.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I like the relationship between Blake and Niall.  Kelly seems a bit on the fringes this season as Blake is interacting more with Niall than with her and Chance is focused on the competition.

I was a bit surprised when contestants went for Niall over Kelly when she was really trying and pulling out all the stops. The last singer sang a Harry Styles song, so maybe that one should had been expected. I wasn't sure why she blocked Blake on that. But with the first kid, it was obvious Niall turned around because Kelly turned so fast. 

I think I prefer an even coach panel of two men and two women.  When there's three guys, it gets a little awkward after awhile when they keep trying to push the woman out.  I like Niall fine, but I could tell this episode that he's gunning hard to be Blake's bestest buddy and wants Kelly shut out as much as possible. Chance, though, seems very respectful and even sweet.

And to be fair, Kelly is struggling quite a bit with Niall being in her lane as a former contestant.

Edited by vb68
  • Like 1

The woman who sung in Spanish reminds me why I don't like this show and only partially watch it because my mom has it on (loves it) and I'm in the same room. She had a great voice. Multiple coaches said some variation of "I love listening to Spanish music and you have a beautiful voice" but they didn't turn their chairs? Another coach said something like "I'm looking for someone who can sing many different genres" and I'm sitting there, thinking "what makes you think she can't? What makes her less likely to be able sing different genres than, say, a country singer with a guitar and a truck load of twang?" 

• Like 2

The fifteen year old was amazing, glad he picked Niall. Liking him and Chance ideas for their teams. 

Kelly's just annoying. 

Still feel the 4 aren't connected as a group like last season. Blake and Niall are looking like bonding though. 

• Like 1

Can someone help with this? There was a moment when Kelly said to Chance, in regard to people mispronounced names, that people sometimes pronounced hers "Kelly clarkson." Was she joking, or was there a mispronunciation that I missed, because it didn't sound like it was not correct?