Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Teen Angst and a Smart-Boy Walk of Shame

Bort
  • Start Topic

On 3/10/2023 at 12:46 AM, HurricaneVal said:

Some might characterize her behavior as incredibly selfish and overly dramatic, but I think she's playing true to normal experience for that age.

In some ways she and Sheldon were similar in this episode - and very true to that age.  They truly do think the world revolves around them.  Of course Sheldon does not outgrow this stage of life!  I liked the way older Sheldon summed everything up at the end in describing how each family member deals with difficult situations.

• Like 2
On 3/11/2023 at 6:03 PM, Dani said:

I just saw a clip of the season 2 episode where they twins participate in a research study. Missy talks about (and her parent hear) how nobody is on her team. Four seasons later she’s stuck in the same place even though Georgie and Sheldon are mostly on their own. Missy deserves better. 

I wish they would have had Missy going grunge or something along those lines as a way to assert her identity rather than they way they handled it.  But maybe they'll have Missy go to Paige and they'll help each other with their issues.  That would be satisfying.

Though in both Texas and Pasadena, they don't seem to have ambulances (remembering the episode of BBT where Sheldon has to drive Penny to the hospital.)

In both cases calling an ambulance was suggested and turned down as being too slow.

On 3/10/2023 at 3:35 PM, shapeshifter said:

But her eye color is really not possible given 2 blue-eyed parents.
I know that they get this wrong more often than right on TV, but here it is *so* obvious that I wonder if there might be some possible way she's not Georgie's, which might not be revealed until close to the end of the series (next season?) which would explain a lot of the inconsistencies of Sheldon's claims about the past on TBBT.

Who could even tell what color her eyes were?

On 3/10/2023 at 6:57 PM, TheLastKidPicked said:

It's like his path doesn't matter, and this is TEXAS football!

It's more like this isn't even the path he actually wanted but has been stuck there by circumstances.  He had a chance to move to something bigger when he was offered the job in Oklahoma but had to turn it down for the family.  No wonder he's miserable.

On 3/11/2023 at 2:02 PM, Tom Holmberg said:

I don't think there was much mention of how the database was marketed.  After all this was a specialized database of interest to a limited audience, not like a game of social media website. I doubt anyone in real life would expect a flood of use immediately upon release.  If the database came up and was searchable, that would be success.  Now do the hard work of finding who would need your database and marketing it to them.

True, but this is Sheldon we're talking about.  He'd absolutely assume that anything he thought of would be an instant success without them actually having to find its audience.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

True, but this is Sheldon we're talking about.  He'd absolutely assume that anything he thought of would be an instant success without them actually having to find its audience.

I was rather surprised that Sheldon blamed himself. He could have blamed Prof. Sturgis or someone else involved in the project, or assumed that the potential users of the database were too ignorant to understand its importance.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 3/10/2023 at 8:10 AM, Tom Holmberg said:

I don't think there's a new episode until the last Thursday in March

The next episode is “A Stolen Truck and Going on the Lam”  Which sounds, hopefully, like a Missy-centric episode

• Like 3
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Who could even tell what color her eyes were?

On my son-in-law's ginormous TV screen, I thought her eyes looked the same as my 3 brown-eyed girls' did when they were babes, which is very different from my blue-eyed grandbaby's.
Baby Constance:

image.png.76bd29c445ba6583c64d978d90123961.png

• Like 1
18 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

On my son-in-law's ginormous TV screen, I thought her eyes looked the same as my 3 brown-eyed girls' did when they were babes, which is very different from my blue-eyed grandbaby's.
Baby Constance:

image.png.76bd29c445ba6583c64d978d90123961.png

I can't tell what color her eyes are in that picture.

• Like 1

I liked that Mary pushed back when George accused her of having a thing for Pastor Rob.  She said what most of us have been saying, that while she might have been tempted she never would have done anything about it.  I felt like the way George reacted confirmed he was a lot closer to "real" cheating than Mary ever would have been.  Makes me wonder if the season finale is going to be George leaving Mary for Brenda.  I know they never divorce but that doesn't mean they stay together.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Makes me wonder if the season finale is going to be George leaving Mary for Brenda.  I know they never divorce but that doesn't mean they stay together.

You mean like maybe George tells Mary he’ll move out so she can come home because the kids need her, and then he moves in with Brenda?  
🙁

7 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

You mean like maybe George tells Mary he’ll move out so she can come home because the kids need her, and then he moves in with Brenda?  

Unless they reconcile "for the kids" at least for awhile.  Which I actually hope they don't do - if they're going to put the marriage and the family through hell at the very least stick to some of the Cooper family history we've always heard  on BBT, otherwise why bother with all this unhappiness and angst?

Which reminds me I did like that scene with Mary and Connie where they are getting into bed and Mary thanks Connie for letting her stay and Connie says something along the lines of "I will always be here for you" -- don't remember the exact wording, but it was really sweet - and a little unexpected.  Connie can be pretty gruff with Mary.

• Like 5

Missy is absolutely reacting like a typical tween.  I'm just amazed they don't have her crying more and screaming at everybody that she hates them.  Now THAT would be a little more realistic. 

I love that we get to see these little Sheldon moments where he understands the physics of throwing the football & does it well.  Then totally abandons it.  George's reaction of disbelief was fun. 

I just get the feeling that Mandy is going to run away too.  Maybe not for long, but the pressure is going to get to her & she's going to leave CeCe with Georgie & take off.  

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Unless they reconcile "for the kids" at least for awhile.  Which I actually hope they don't do - if they're going to put the marriage and the family through hell at the very least stick to some of the Cooper family history we've always heard  on BBT, otherwise why bother with all this unhappiness and angst?

At this point I hope they do this. Initially I thought they might try and end the show before they had to deal with the inevitable downfall. Since that is clearly not happening and we’re going there, I would prefer they plow straight into it and allow them all to get to better place before the shows ends. 

I hope they don’t even wait to the season finale for them to separate. There should still be 7 episodes left this season, which is more than enough time to show what went wrong and still give them season 7 switch the tone back. 

3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

How old are Missy and Sheldon supposed to be? Someone in another forum said they're 14, but it doesn't seem like the timeline has sped up that much. 

They are 12 (which is ridiculous as they were 9 when the show began 6 years ago!) but should be turning 13 at some point this season.

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

They are 12 (which is ridiculous as they were 9 when the show began 6 years ago!) but should be turning 13 at some point this season.

Thank you! I thought 14 sounded too old for where we are in the story. 

On 3/14/2023 at 5:12 PM, SnapHappy said:

Missy is absolutely reacting like a typical tween.  I'm just amazed they don't have her crying more and screaming at everybody that she hates them.  Now THAT would be a little more realistic. I

In my experience, the crying and screaming doesn't usually have huge emotional hurt behind it, it's much more reactionary to little things. In Missy's case, she's been really hurt by being ignored and unnoticed. That type of hurt tends to bring a more subdued quiet response, like running away. It's when young people get quiet and withdraw that they are at their most vulnerable and hurting. Because the louder reactions haven't helped at all.

I think the writers are bang on with her behavior.

Edited by Deskisamess
  • Like 3
On 3/16/2023 at 4:22 PM, Tom Holmberg said:

They aged rapidly during their year 12, by the time they are 14, they'll look 30.

Doesn't help that in real life Iain and Regan are 14 and 15, respectively.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1