Type keyword(s) to search

S01:E04 Dogs and Bears and Minks

• Start Topic

The whole thing with the ear was hysterical. Poor Emily.  Frank needed to be brought down a peg or two so I got a kick out of Dolores basically blowing him off. 

Amit's kid is a brat, nobody was a winner in that story.

• Like 5

I wouldn't have gotten in a hot tub after a bear had been in it.   

I liked the former boss and his fake ear.

I like this show but, honestly, if it's not renewed, I won't be surprised.  I wonder what the ratings are?

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I wouldn't have gotten in a hot tub after a bear had been in it. 

But, having a sip of the water to see if it is salty is perfectly fine.

The episode didn't appear on the Spectrum or DirecTV DVR so for many people it did not record. I had to catch it on Hulu the next day.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

They've been slipping every week so that's not good news.

I am not surprised. McHale isn't that likeable and in a comedy your leading person needs to be likeable to some degree.

The cast is good, but without many real name actors/actresses you have McHale and a cast of no names. Sadly you need some casting firepower to push a show.

I think the show is basically okay to watch but there doesn't seem to be much chemistry with the cast in the show.

Edited by juno
  • Like 2

I was horrified that she puked INTO the mailbox. That is going to be a real horror to deal with. And he will know she did it, too.

I love how Dolores handled telling Frank she wasn't into the sex they had. It was so... unassailable. 

• Like 7
On 3/11/2023 at 3:22 PM, juno said:

I am not surprised. McHale isn't that likeable and in a comedy your leading person needs to be likeable to some degree.

The cast is good, but without many real name actors/actresses you have McHale and a cast of no names. Sadly you need some casting firepower to push a show.

I think the show is basically okay to watch but there doesn't seem to be much chemistry with the cast in the show.

The other alternative is to have excellent writing. A lot of comedies got their starts with casts of relative unknowns but took off due to the writing. However if you don’t have a good script, then you’ve got to have a cast people want to watch.

• Like 2