Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Stephanie's Journey

• Start Topic

Expanded (Supersized, I hate that term, I dislike mean puns) episode for Stephanie is tonight at 7 Central, 8 Eastern, and should have some bonus scenes.   My guess since the camera crew showed the drive thru right after hitting the road, and the total of what it costs, that we'll have epic bonus scenes of every cheat she did.   

So, I'm rewatching the breakfast scene.  I feel sick just looking at that, platters of pancakes and waffles, and what looks like a lot of syrup on it, another plate of bacon and sausage links, and the other platter of ham and scrambled eggs.    Then, she goes grocery shopping.   I never understood how the poundticipants complain people are watching them, when they have a camera crew with them.    That always attracts attention.   

First drive thru at Jack in the Box was over $25, and stepdad didn't get anything.  

I hate that she's raising the kids to be her size too.  She only keeps the oldest Jacob (?) at home to be her cook and servant.   He doesn't look like he weighs 400 lbs, but his brother and sister are both quite overwieght, so they're well on the way to being in poor health. 

I hate she complains about the ride to and from Houston, and being bored, and tired, when she doesn't do anything, and stepdad does all of the driving.     The stepdad is so supportive to drive her to Houston and back twice, and fly there one time, and the mother watching the three kids must be so hard on her with her medical issues. .     Stepdad is such an enabler though, and ignores the fact that he made more of an effort than Stephanie did.    

Dr. Now talking on the video call with her is mind boggling.   He has an answer for all of her excuses.    Her reason that she gained because of Covid is shot down by Dr. Now.   Everyone I know that had Covid lost weight, because they didn't want to eat.   Why is Stephanie wearing a wedding band on her ring finger?  And why a scrunchie on her wrist, when she had one in her hair already? 

Then she flies to Houston, and complains how tired she is again.   Then complains that Houston is hot, what did she expect?      I love she claims to have lost a lot of weight from her 611 Month 1 total, and she lost 9 lbs to 602, by her next visit in Month 6.   Any guesses on how she kept her eating up?   My guess delivery.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2

There’s about half an hour left, but I’m gonna cut out.  Very sad. I feel sorry for the kids.  Why super morbidly obese people have no problem making their kids that way is criminal, imo. 

• Like 2

She only keeps the oldest Jacob (?) at home to be her cook and servant.   He doesn't look like he weighs 400 lbs, but his brother and sister are both quite overwieght, so they're well on the way to being in poor health. 

I thought he was 17 and still in high school???

And why a scrunchie on her wrist, when she had one in her hair already? 

To be honest, I often have one on my wrist, one in my hair, one in my pocket, one in my purse, about 10 in the car...

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 3/8/2023 at 8:11 PM, Tango64 said:

I really wish they would gather all the travel, all the grocery stores, all the fast food together in lumps. I love those parts! And Stephanie is such a waste of resources. I'm from eastern Washington. Every time they have Washington state on I want to scream. I also don't understand why they let her (or us) buy such total crap.  We raise most of our own food. I've told my family that if I had a banana tree and a milk cow I'd never  need to leave the house! Now I admit I am blessed. And our family all pitch in resources. Honestly mostly us. I'm home all day and have more time for weeding and canning and such.

• Like 5

I believe a lot of doctors - even those who specialize in obesity - shy away from doing surgeries on the super obese because of the liability issues related to the complications those people can suffer.  Plus for the most part they are pointless exercises in futility.

• Like 2