Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E02: The Blind Auditions, Part 2

• Start Topic

Coaches Chance the Rapper, Kelly Clarkson, Niall Horan and Blake Shelton all vie to discover and coach the next singing phenomenon on the second night of blind auditions.

Airs March 7 at 9:00pm on NBC

(edited)

So Blake doesn't know Both Sides Now. Why am I not surprised?  SMH

He deserved some stronger pushback there.

Edited by vb68
  • Like 3

Yeah, Kala should have been a 4 chair turn but Blake once again demonstrates his idiocy and ignorance of anything that's not specifically country music. If you do a capella, you really learn how to sing. Also a variety of genres. 

Guy who used to work for JoBros was so bad, how did he get to air?

• Like 1

So now we are getting "repeats."  The guy in the trio who was already on Team Kelly in a previous season is now on Team Kelly this season.  They have had people come back who were not chosen during the Blinds but now they have people come back who had previously been part of the competition.  I am so tired of the faux drama they try to create.  I still think it's unfair to have duos and trios when they can harmonize (and get applauded by the judges for it) whereas solo artists can't (and the title of the show is The Voice which is singular [I know, I know, after zillions of seasons of The Bachelor franchise and the continual misuse of grammar/language, I need to just let petty things like verb tense, singular/plural, use of "I" versus "me" and the commonly used "I's" just go...]).  I know many don't like him, but, just like Blake, this most likely will be my last season.  

• Like 4
(edited)

Kelly is really annoying with her being so loud while the artist performing like when Niall blocked her during Kala from Florida. 

Jimmy Fallon was funny. I wonder if that is theme of season people showing up to say bye. 

Edited by Artsda

It's time for Blake to retire from the show but I think the show will miss Blake for the blind auditions, especially when new coaches join. He has always been the best at breaking the ice and making the new coaches comfortable (by "bullying" them). Niall mentioned in an interview that's he's lucky to be seated next to Blake on the chairs.

• Like 2
On 3/7/2023 at 11:13 PM, vb68 said:

So Blake doesn't know Both Sides Now. Why am I not surprised?  SMH

He deserved some stronger pushback there.

I can understand not knowing a new song but that song is old. He should have known that one.

On 3/8/2023 at 9:03 AM, seacliffsal said:

So now we are getting "repeats."  The guy in the trio who was already on Team Kelly in a previous season is now on Team Kelly this season.  They have had people come back who were not chosen during the Blinds but now they have people come back who had previously been part of the competition.  I am so tired of the faux drama they try to create.  I still think it's unfair to have duos and trios when they can harmonize (and get applauded by the judges for it) whereas solo artists can't (and the title of the show is The Voice which is singular [I know, I know, after zillions of seasons of The Bachelor franchise and the continual misuse of grammar/language, I need to just let petty things like verb tense, singular/plural, use of "I" versus "me" and the commonly used "I's" just go...]).  I know many don't like him, but, just like Blake, this most likely will be my last season.  

I was surprised that the show allows repeats. I know other competitive reality shows have done it though. When they were auditioning, I kept thinking that I saw that guy before. Jej was on during that awful season where we ended up with mostly Blake's team and Maelyn. Glad the show hasn't done that format again.