Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Those Times You Have To Cross The Line

DanaK
  • Start Topic

03/01/2023 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : The hospital is in disarray when the janitors go on strike. Crockett treats a young girl injured on her family's farm. Charles and Nellie's schizophrenic patient returns to Med. Archer encounters a patient with foreign material in her stomach.

When is that hospital social worker going to realize that certain staff members and doctors at that facility are trying to thwart investigations regarding the welfare of children.  Last week it was Hannah and now Maggie.  These things are not for them to decide.  Maggie wasn’t even present when the accident happened, but she knows it wasn’t the parents’ fault?  Ridiculous.  

• Like 4

And since when does Maggie get to over-rule a doctor's orders and tell a social worker to piss off back to her office until she (Maggie) deigns to summon her (social worker) back.

• Like 5
(edited)

I actually liked how Dr Charles and Nellie (is that Kwavus?) handled their psych patient. Sometimes I’m annoyed with how Charles deals with his patients, but he and Nellie got creative with him. They didn’t try to deny his delusion that he was dead but instead tried to help him by getting creative about how to help him. Using deep brain stimulation and helping the patient see it as a Frankenstein-like resurrection helped him both medically and mentally

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 5

I tend to be impressed with the way Dr. Charles deals with patients.  I am interested to know other viewers’ impression on it.  

Im curious how the bed bugs hid and then bit the nurse on the neck.  Don’t they only come out when it’s dark?  

• Like 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I tend to be impressed with the way Dr. Charles deals with patients.  I am interested to know other viewers’ impression on it.  

Im curious how the bed bugs hid and then bit the nurse on the neck.  Don’t they only come out when it’s dark?  

Sometimes I’m annoyed at some of the things he does. I can’t recall if Charles is the one who wants to wait awhile with at least patients before turning them over to authorities or similar actions or if that’s another doctor, but it annoys me at times. Other times, I like his compassionate approach. In this episode, his approach to not disagree with the patient but work with him seemed creative and worked

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 1
(edited)
On 3/2/2023 at 4:58 PM, DanaK said:

I actually liked how Dr Charles and Nellie (is that Kwavus?) handled their psych patient

Here in the south, a fairly common last name is Cuevas (pronounced 'Kwavus').  That could be her last name.

ETA:  I checked imdb, and it is indeed Cuevas. 

Edited by BooksRule
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 3/2/2023 at 8:36 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

The bed bugs were in the dirty sheets she was cleaning out of the dirty rooms.  The temp replacements for the striking maintenance workers were doing a shitty job. so she was told pick up the dirty laundry and clean up after the temp crew.

Edited by izabella
  • Useful 1
On 3/1/2023 at 10:32 PM, Leeds said:

And since when does Maggie get to over-rule a doctor's orders and tell a social worker to piss off back to her office until she (Maggie) deigns to summon her (social worker) back.

Maggie is really starting to get on my nerves.  However, Dr Marcel really overstepped by calling CPS so early.  Families work on their own farms and that includes their children.  I don’t really see how he saw child abuse there.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, was this the season finale?  

No. Assuming they have 22 or so episodes this season, their finale will likely be in May

• Useful 1