Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Life After Lockup: Fresh Out Glow

• Start Topic

(edited)

I don't like Sara but I feel her pain. I was married to a man like Shawn. Much handsomer and not a slug like Shawn (and no extra kids) but he had that same passive reaction to absolutely everything. He would say anything and agree to anything to get out of having a difficult conversation and go back to whatever he was doing  before I inconveniently challenged him. He never changed.  He would make a promise and then immediately break it, saying in his defense that he hadn't broken his promise, he had just 'changed his mind'. After all, everyone is permitted to have a change of mind!  That he still lives today is a tribute to my strong moral upbringing. We are divorced, natch.

So I totally get Sara. She just mopped the kitchen and he tromps in, spills cookies, doesn't clean it up even after it's pointed out, leaves her to do all the work and goes and plays video games which are very conveniently defended as father-son time. Who can challenge his need to be a dad to a son he never seemed to need to contact much prior to his marriage to Sara?  And after all his apologies and I didn't realizes and I will change I promise what does he do? Goes back to his video game.

I seem to recall that one of the reasons Sara was in prison had to do with facilitating murder or something like that.  Shawn better be careful. Sara isn't playing.

Derek is a sleazy slimy ex con. Monique is ridiculous but she needs to cut him loose and go back to Chicago and lose his number. Seriously.

One minute Cameron seems like a good guy and the next he seems awful. I can't figure him out.

Tayler needs to cut Chance loose ASAP.  He is no good and incapable of being a respectful life partner who carries his weight. He is going to drive her into financial ruin, blame her, and leave her life in tatters. Also, he's an idiot.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4

Chance's "power washing" wheeze reminds me of nothing so much as the Timson clan of petty criminals in the "Rumpole of the Bailey" stories. One of them had a "nice window cleaning business". And it also reminds me of those "driveway paving" scams that certain unsavory individuals perpetrate on old folks and the gullible. In any case, he certainly does not intend to make "money money money" by hard work. I'm surprised at TayLER, really. She's not too bright but she seems like a nice girl who cares about her kids. How could she get mixed up with a creep like Chance? And where's her sister? That was a big subplot last season, Chance wanted her sister gone. Did she leave? Where'd she go? Is she buried under the petunias? I need answers. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, anoninrva said:

I am amazed that a dozen women wanted Derrick on short order.

I see what you did there.  You can't get a tall order of Derek.  

I have a bit of a soft spot for Derek.  I get the feeling his is generally a good guy, but he is also caught up in a community that is encouraging his worst choices. He's not exactly interacting with people who want him to stay out of prison if they are all drawn to fresh prison peen.  He would be smart to move away. 

At the same time, he will never be faithful to Monique.  He is with her out of a sense of responsibility, not because he enjoys her company or desires her.   She knows that he is not all in, so she amps up the crazy which only pushes him farther away.  Neither of them will be happy. 

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Chance's "power washing" wheeze reminds me of nothing so much as the Timson clan of petty criminals in the "Rumpole of the Bailey" stories. One of them had a "nice window cleaning business". And it also reminds me of those "driveway paving" scams that certain unsavory individuals perpetrate on old folks and the gullible. In any case, he certainly does not intend to make "money money money" by hard work. I'm surprised at TayLER, really. She's not too bright but she seems like a nice girl who cares about her kids. How could she get mixed up with a creep like Chance? And where's her sister? That was a big subplot last season, Chance wanted her sister gone. Did she leave? Where'd she go? Is she buried under the petunias? I need answers. 

Tayler makes me sad.  She really picked the worst.  The other losers are much more obvious. Chance is all red flags.  He is a damn packed parade route of red flags.  He overspends repeatedly, yet tries to convince everyone that he is a financial genius.  He turns his bad characteristics and actions back onto her.  His gaslighting is to the extreme.  He puts her down all the time, sometimes subtly, often not, to keep her off kilter and make it less likely that she will figure out what a loser he is.  She needs to disentangle her and her children's lives from him. 

Tayler's sister, Bobbi, moved to Arizona last season.  She made the smart choice for her sobriety and left. Otherwise she would probably be dead in the garage "apartment".      

10 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I don't like Sara but I feel her pain. I was married to a man like Shawn. Much handsomer and not a slug like Shawn (and no extra kids) but he had that same passive reaction to absolutely everything. He would say anything and agree to anything to get out of having a difficult conversation and go back to whatever he was doing  before I inconveniently challenged him. He never changed.  He would make a promise and then immediately break it, saying in his defense that he hadn't broken his promise, he had just 'changed his mind'. After all, everyone is permitted to have a change of mind!  That he still lives today is a tribute to my strong moral upbringing. We are divorced, natch.

So I totally get Sara. She just mopped the kitchen and he tromps in, spills cookies, doesn't clean it up even after it's pointed out, leaves her to do all the work and goes and plays video games which are very conveniently defended as father-son time. Who can challenge his need to be a dad to a son he never seemed to need to contact much prior to his marriage to Sara?  And after all his apologies and I didn't realizes and I will change I promise what does he do? Goes back to his video game.

I seem to recall that one of the reasons Sara was in prison had to do with facilitating murder or something like that.  Shawn better be careful. Sara isn't playing.

There are so many reasons to hate Shawn.  He is a terrible partner.  He is a shit father. He has child #7 and has never shown an real commitment to being a father.  He is one of those guys who wants to be honored for his ability to have sperm reach egg and forgets that his responsibility starts, rather than ends, there.  So I do understand Sara's frustration.  Shawn is never going to step up. Never. 

At the same time, she had all of the information available to her to know what she was getting.  Other than moving out of state to be near her, when has he ever shown motivation?  And in doing so he left six children behind.  Yet she told herself he would now become a good father.  She was so busy competing with Kelly for this prize that she neglected to assess what she was winning.   

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

At the same time, she had all of the information available to her to know what she was getting.  Other than moving out of state to be near her, when has he ever shown motivation?  And in doing so he left six children behind.  Yet she told herself he would now become a good father.  She was so busy competing with Kelly for this prize that she neglected to assess what she was winning.   

Scumbag left his kids behind long before Sara came along. What ever happened to Destiny? She gone for good now? 

• Like 1

I think it was accessory to murder? She sold drugs to someone who then overdosed on them. I'm not excusing that, but she wasn't trying to kill anyone and I think she was an addict herself at the time.

Other than moving out of state to be near her, when has he ever shown motivation? 

I'll give him this (as much as it pains me)... it seems that Shawn has always worked a legitimate, legal job. I think he is a mechanic. So many people on this show have no visible means of income, let alone legal income, that I feel like I have to recognize it when I see it. But otherwise, yeah - crap husband, crap father with unfortunately motile sperm.

What ever happened to Destiny?

Destinee. I'd be way more concerned about her killing someone than Sara. Also, I just realized Destinee had a baby. So that would be... Destinee's Child.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
35 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Destinee. I'd be way more concerned about her killing someone than Sara. Also, I just realized Destinee had a baby. So that would be... Destinee's Child.

Several.  Her baby shower was particularly depressing with that revelation.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

What I don’t get about Shawn is that he pursued both of these inmates hard.  Spent all that money on Destinee, moved to Ohio for Sara.  Then when he gets what he wants he is all apathetic.  I get that he is older and may not have the same sex drive that she does but maybe that is why he should have married someone his own age.  

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 2