Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Conflict & Resolution

• Start Topic

I know some people think Doug should embrace his baldness and shave his head, but let's think about what he would look like completely bald. Bald Doug. With no hair to distract from his moles. He does not have a great head in the best of times. I think Doug is one case where hair plugs, a toupée, or some serious Rogaine therapy would be better. 

I'm a newbie here, so please be patient. This is my first post. My comment is about Monet having had a girl's night when Vaughn  was coming home after having been away for work.  You folks seem to have overlooked an important part.  Vaughn could have come home the night before, however he chose to stay in New Jersey instead of coming home to his wife!  How would that make you feel if you were Monet?  He certainly was not excited to get home to his bride, so feeling put off, she went ahead and scheduled her girls night when he finally did decide to come home the next night.   I don't blame her. He had his chance, and he kind of insulted her by not coming home when he could have, thus putting her off for the next day.  There's some underhanded stuff going on already.  He started this one, and she responded accordingly, yet he makes it look like it's all her doing.  He instigated it from the start.  They don't stand a chance.  This relationship will only get worse over time.  

Well said. This is precisely why Monet tweeted the week prior to that particular episode that people need to wait to hear what the argument was really about before choosing sides/jumping to conclusions. At first glance, it seemed Monet was being inconsiderate by having a girls' night the night Vaughn came home when really Vaughn purposefully stayed extra days at his home and he didn't communicate when he was coming home despite Monet telling him explicitly that she wanted to see him. Was she supposed to sit at home, twiddling her thumbs, until he called her to finally say when he was coming home? No, she decided to cheer herself up by having some girl time. I would have done the same.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1

People who agree to go on reality shows probably sign something that allows the producers and editing monkeys to show whatever it is they want to show, and however they want to show it.  So if Monet got shown in a bad light, then that's unfortunate but, ultimately, she agreed to do this show.  For that matter, Vaughn could have gotten some bad edits as well.  I'm sure both of them have their friends on twitter and various forums defending them but, as far as I'm concerned, it's a wash and I don't really care.  It's just a show.

• Love 2

I know some people think Doug should embrace his baldness and shave his head, but let's think about what he would look like completely bald. Bald Doug. With no hair to distract from his moles. He does not have a great head in the best of times. I think Doug is one case where hair plugs, a toupée, or some serious Rogaine therapy would be better. 

What's odd is that Doug has become more and more unattractive to me as the episodes have gone on. I thought he was kind of cute in the beginning, and now, he's 'eh' to me. Maybe it's because I don't find his personality attractive.

Years ago, as in when The Real World became popular, I remember telling my sister, "Sure, they give these people psychological tests before they cast them but they only choose the ones that fail them!!"

These reality shows couldn't get psychologically sound, mentally stable and emotionally healthy people to do what they do on camera!   

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 2

People who agree to go on reality shows probably sign something that allows the producers and editing monkeys to show whatever it is they want to show, and however they want to show it.  So if Monet got shown in a bad light, then that's unfortunate but, ultimately, she agreed to do this show.  For that matter, Vaughn could have gotten some bad edits as well.  I'm sure both of them have their friends on twitter and various forums defending them but, as far as I'm concerned, it's a wash and I don't really care.  It's just a show. 

Absolutely!!! And I almost didn't watch all of it tonight because if the cigarette incident had come up one more time ...

What makes Jaime think we care about her trust issues?