Type keyword(s) to search

S03:E13 False Ceilings

AgentRXS
  • Start Topic

Florida, 2000: With his Hollywood prospects on the upswing, Dwayne makes good on a long-standing promise to his family. As the Johnsons reflect on how far they've come, Dwayne can't help wondering if there's something bigger for him on the horizon.

Original Air Date: February 24, 2023

I guess they didn't feel like (or couldn't) trying to have a young version of The Big Show here, since he was actually also on SNL and part of the Wrestlemania match with Rock, Triple H, and Mick Foley.  Granted, they probably had enough material with the other three (and Vince) that they didn't really didn't need a fourth person.

Considering some of the problematic stuff that has come up later in his life, it's interesting that they had Hogan be the one to almost serve as a mentor when it comes to Dwayne transitioning from wrestling to acting.  It does make sense though since he did it before, even if the results were questionable (wished they mention the true Hulk Hogan classic: Thunder in Paradise!)  But, hey, without him or even Dwayne's earlier work to pave the way, we might not see the likes of current Dwayne, Dave Bautista, and John Cena lighting up the big screen now!

Didn't hate the season or anything, but it still felt like it was kind of off in a lot of ways and I'm not sure how much they can really drag this on.  I guess they could maybe focus on Lia's issues and her deportation, but now that Older Dwayne is starting his Hollywood career, I'm not sure if there is much material to make that standout (although, I would almost pay money to see this version of the supposed feud/issues between Dwayne and Vin Diesel in real life!)  And the main hook being Dwayne possibly running his own country seems.... odd.  But, I guess we'll see if this show even gets picked back up. 

• Like 4

I agree that this would have worked well as a series finale if the show doesn't get picked up for another season. But of course they leave it open with a few "stories for another time" and the most Dwayne Johnson idea of all time.of starting his own country. Of course, given the accents of Gellgum, maybe in 15 years all countries are run by Americans...

Lia's deportation and the family's move from Hawaii will be a bit of story, but it really does seem like the majority of what can be told is going to be the movie career now, if the show goes another season.

• Like 2

I thought it worked pretty well as a series finale. I liked the scenes where he told his parents he bought them a house. And the tribute to his grandma was really nice. If the show doesn't come back, I hope the actress who plays his mom shows up in other stuff, she was good. 

I also liked how the Sheik was trashing Hulk Hogan. If you follow Sheik on social media he hates Hogan. 

The only thing I thought would have been nice and was missing was some sort of shout-out/tribute to Andre the Giant at the house warming.

The coffee stuff didn't really work for me either, especially how much more of an annoying nerd they made Randall.