Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: New York Night

• Start Topic

Medusa hasn't really impressed me all that much so far, but clearly she's been picked for this round. 

It looks like there will be a Bell for each group, so they can do a final challenge show at the end between all the Bell'ed singers, so we'll probably get a bell every final episode (well one round might have the bell on the first or second episode just to 'shake things up' )

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

I knew they would use the bell as soon as they mentioned it was good they saved their one use. Since there isn't a week between each show's recording, I wonder if Medusa went too hard on the first episode and her voice hasn't had a chance to rest and recover. She's definitely not as good as she was the first night. 

I join the Pentatonix consensus, and it was awesome to see Grandmaster Flash. I know some people don't like that it seems some contestants are obvious one-and-dones, but if it means we get more legit stars from all music genres and fields of entertainment instead of "influencers" I'm all for it.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Agree that Medusa was not good last night.  I was thinking that she was Fergie but I don't think Fergie sounds this bad.  It's obvious that Medusa is the producers' annointed pick.  Since this show is completely scripted, it's obvious there will be one bell save from each of the three (?) groups.  Then they said those saved all compete to get back in.  Seems likely to me that Medusa will win the save group and then I would not at all be surprised if she comes back and wins the show.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I agree that for this group, Medusa is the producer pic, but until we see the next two groups, I won't say she's their anointed one. Last season the first singer did win it all, so I'm fairly sure they don't want that to happen again. Group 2 or 3 will probably have the ultimate winner. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

What got me watching this show when it first started several years ago was the reveal of a celebrity at the end of each episode.  To me, that's what the show is all about.  That's what attracts viewers!  Now the show has the "the bell" to save the ousted celebrity.  Really?  I don't like this addition and I hope they get rid of it.

This show could be more entertaining if they just keep things at zero on the "cheesy scale".  

• Like 4