Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Hampsie

Door County Cherry
  • Start Topic

Is she Love 2.0, or the first person to find her? Her back story could give her a reason to be the Eat the Rich killer, but it could also be a red herring. 

I'd be with Sophie, if I was around that lot, for any length of time. 

On 2/9/2023 at 9:53 PM, Chaos Theory said:

This was mostly a filler episode but I did enjoy learning more about Kate and her family ties.  

I figured she had to be at least as rich as everyone else; otherwise, why would she be in that group? Though I'm not entirely persuaded she's cut ties from her dad. Even as a successful gallery owner, she's got have some sort of independent income. Maybe a trust fund of some sort.

Roald may have been aiming to shoot Joe and did actually push him out of a window—and he was seething with jealousy over Kate’s attention to Simon and Malcolm. But, it’s too obvious and too soon, so he is not the killer. Kate expressed hatred toward Gemma and was next seen holding a bloody knife over her corpse—so it’s obviously not her, either. No paparazzi lady this episode, so that was disappointing for my new theory that she’s there in every episode though has never had a bigger role than a 3-second linger on her glaring at the gang from behind her camera. Instead we got Roald’s camera…but that’s too big of a stretch to try to make a connection there even for me.

• Like 1

I hope that Joe manages to hold back on his stalker tendencies for Kate, but you can already feel him setting his sights on her. Especially now that he knows she has daddy issues and a tendency towards latching herself onto toxic people, Joe absolutely loves a girl with daddy issues and a bunch of shitty friends, a woman that needs Joe to "save her" from herself and the endless circles of bad people who are going to hurt her. 

Drunk Joe must have said something absolutely amazing to Phoebe that night, because I really don't know why she has latched onto him so much. No wonder her horrible rich friends have no idea why he's around now, I really have no clue either. He isn't even trying to get in with these people like he did with Beck and Love's rich asshole friend groups or being in full charm mode, even if he can never really turn off that natural Penn Badgley charm. I think the real reason they always stick Joe with these awful rich people every season is because they actually make Joe look better in comparison. 

Joe being all put out by hunting birds is classic Joe. I agree with him about his feelings about hunting, especially hunting animals that you specifically buy to take to the woods and shoot with zero effort, but that's pretty rich coming from a multiple murderer. His lack of self awareness always impresses. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Drunk Joe must have said something absolutely amazing to Phoebe that night, because I really don't know why she has latched onto him so much. No wonder her horrible rich friends have no idea why he's around now, I really have no clue either. He isn't even trying to get in with these people like he did with Beck and Love's rich asshole friend groups or being in full charm mode, even if he can never really turn off that natural Penn Badgley charm. I think the real reason they always stick Joe with these awful rich people every season is because they actually make Joe look better in comparison. 

Maybe he told her he is a serial killer and she is playing him to somehow bring him down?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2

So basically they crammed all the character establishment, development and plotting into this one episode and just had the first three be 95% crappy filler. Interesting choice.

Also, it is now PAINFULLY obvious who the killer is (I have not watched or read ahead, pinky swear), not least because they keep 

Spoiler

bashing us over the head with the RICH PEOPLE ARE HORRID AND ARE SECRETLY RESENTED BY THOSE WHO ARE NOT LIKE THEM SO MUCH SO THAT THEY'D LIKE TO KILL THEM message and Joe is obsessing over WHO IS AT THE HOUSE instead of who is not at the house...

Spoiler alert in case it makes anyone's penny drop*.

There is a nice stereotypically British phrase for you that the scriptwriters could have borrowed since they have squashed every. Single. Other. Britishism. they can think of into this. 

Edited by BaskingsharkGTX