Type keyword(s) to search

Astrid & Raphaëlle - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This French mystery crime show just started showing at our local PBS.  Astrid, an autistic woman who works in the library of the judicial police has an incredible memory, & assists the local police force in analyzing the files for ongoing investigations. She & the female commander, Raphaëlle have a special camaraderie that is quite wonderful (although the coroner, Fournier is my fave). A fascinating & very well done show - thankful for the subtitles. Apparently in its 4th season as it is quite popular.    

Edited by swissair100
  • Like 7
On 2/7/2023 at 7:35 AM, swissair100 said:

This French mystery crime show just started showing at our local PBS.  Astrid, an autistic woman who works in the library of the judicial police has an incredible memory, & assists the local police force in analyzing the files for ongoing investigations. She & the female commander, Raphaëlle have a special camaraderie that is quite wonderful (although the coroner, Fournier is my fave). A fascinating & very well done show - thankful for the subtitles. Apparently in its 4th season as it is quite popular.    

Thanks for the tip about this show! I had never heard of it. We watched the first half of the 2 part “The Haunting” on our PBS station last night and really enjoyed it. Going to Amazon Prime for the first pilot episode, which we missed, but is apparently free there (other episodes require a PBS Masterpiece membership).

• Like 1

We're now most of the way through Season 2. Have enjoyed this show greatly since Season 1 first appeared on Prime. Astrid is a wonderful character, and Sara Mortensen's portrayal of her is iconic.

Until discovering this thread, I had no idea that the actual French name of the show is Astrid & Raphaëlle! (Prime/PBS just calls it Astrid.) Thanks for creating it, @swissair100.

• Like 1

I just watched season 3 through PBS Passport and really enjoyed it, but it's kind of a bummer that we'll probably have to wait another year for season 4 even though it's just aired in France.

• Like 3

Astrid may be my favorite foreign show. So looking forward to binge-watching Season 3. Sara Mortensen, who plays Astrid, is phenomenal. 

I had no idea that there was a separate forum. Great! 

• Like 3
On 3/18/2023 at 10:58 AM, Milburn Stone said:

The S2 finale made me so sad!

Does every season end sadly?  The S1 finale made us sad, too.

We just started watching on PBS Passport and are loving this well made show.  Not your typical cop procedural.

• Like 2

Jut finished Season 3. Tremendous! Sara Mortensen is just unreal as Astrid. Lots of character development and advancement. I need Season 4 ASAP!

• Like 1