Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Mystery in Miami

• Start Topic

Three best friends of fifty-plus years set out to track down the missing fourth member of their squad... in 1980s Miami! Meanwhile, Roarke confides in Segundo about letting people in, and Ruby's cabin fever is an itch that needs to be scratched.

Airdate: January 23, 2023

FI-s2_ep4sc22_-22_f_webres.jpg

• Like 1

Lynn Whitfield as Judy
Daphne Maxwell Reid as Nora
Brett Butler as Marsha 
fantasy-island-season-2-episode-4.jpg
Maureen McCormick as Rosemarie
Meredith Jackson as Young Rosemarie
Emmanuel Lopez Alonso as Patrick
Jessica Rodriguez as Divina
Ortiz Rodriguez Héctor has Agent Vargas

• Like 1

I did like this episode; and it was nice seeing these older sitcom actresses. But I'd like at least some of these fantasies to just be fun, instead of an undercover therapy session.

I know this issue has come up before about the show, but -- did the trio of ladies change actual history outside the island?? That seemed to be the implication with the letter they left for Rosemarie.

I loved this episode too. I love the idea of time travel. This show is such an escape for me. Really like the way the characters are developing, slowly but nicely, not forced. And of Cousy, the scenery is incredible. Think I read they tape in Puerto Rico.

• Useful 1

I wish they'd go back to the "traditional" aspect of having 2 sets of guests each week.  I know it doesn't give as much time to fully develop a plot, but to be honest, I found this story a bit boring. 

Also, is it just me, or is anyone else finding the acting in the last few episodes to be not very good?  It sounds like they're reading off cue cards, everything is just so stilted.  Mostly I'm talking about the guests, but Ruby, Elena and Javier (and this week Segundo) just sound more like they're at a table read for the first time.  It's sort of ruining the fun of this show for me.  I don't expect Oscar winning performances, but things just seem off this season. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Does Fantasy Island allow its guests to go back in time, change decisions and make different choices that will alter the realities in the future, with real-life consequences??!

🤔🤔🤔

Sure.  Which is why I'm sure Ruby slipped Prince a note letting him know when & how he was going to die, also saying hey, it would be a good thing if you had a will, too.  And now, in Fantasy Island world, Prince is alive and well, and has a beautifully prepared estate plan.  😁

• LOL 6

Loved the little hat tip to Roselyn Sanchez's former show (in which she played a character also named Elena!) when the women were talking about their old friend who disappeared: "Not a trace. Like the TV show!"

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
On 1/24/2023 at 9:06 PM, chaifan said:

I wish they'd go back to the "traditional" aspect of having 2 sets of guests each week.  I know it doesn't give as much time to fully develop a plot, but to be honest, I found this story a bit boring. 

Also, is it just me, or is anyone else finding the acting in the last few episodes to be not very good?  It sounds like they're reading off cue cards, everything is just so stilted.  Mostly I'm talking about the guests, but Ruby, Elena and Javier (and this week Segundo) just sound more like they're at a table read for the first time.  It's sort of ruining the fun of this show for me.  I don't expect Oscar winning performances, but things just seem off this season. 

I actually thought Brett Butler's acting was pretty bad.  Especially in the beginning.  Maybe it got better or I just got acclimated to it.  I was surprised because I liked her in her sitcom.

• Like 1

Please tell me I'm not the only one who said, "Marcia Brady!" out loud when Maureen McCormick appeared on screen. I was surprised to see her and thought she did a good job with the little screen time that she was given.

• Like 3