Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Can't Have Your Cake and Eat It Too

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Same for the lasagna. Have a small piece with side salad. That's healthier than a hotdog. Large as Tammy is, she'll still lose weight and maybe not be so resentful and deprived, leading to binging and 'all or nothing thinking.'

She can't do that.  It's like asking a heroin addict to only shoot a small amount, or an alcoholic to only have 1 beer and then stop. 

• Like 6
4 hours ago, cynicat said:

She can't do that.  It's like asking a heroin addict to only shoot a small amount, or an alcoholic to only have 1 beer and then stop. 

I get that, believe me. I know all about food addiction being the worst addiction because you Have to eat, and watch everyone else around you eating all the time, too...but the reality is, she Does have to eat and she can't live on hotdogs forever. I highly doubt she'd stick with that her whole life.  She'll always have cravings, but she has to learn coping mechanisms for controlling those triggers which is where the mental work comes in. I will admit carbs can be the hardest to control, so lasagna might be too strong a trigger for her right now, or forever.  Easier said than done, believe me, I know.  But I was thinking shell get so resentful of having to eat things she hates that she'll say F it, and give up. 

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Same for the lasagna. Have a small piece with side salad. That's healthier than a hotdog. Large as Tammy is, she'll still lose weight and maybe not be so resentful and deprived, leading to binging and 'all or nothing thinking.'

Yeah they say don’t give up your favorite food just control the portion size.  If you go cold turkey on something like pizza or ice cream eventually you will give into the craving and binge on it.

22 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Ill never understand being so angry about the sex of your baby. Its just genitals. It doesn't define their personality or who they'll grow up to be.

There are a whole lot of people who want one of each, so I don't think most people think of them as interchangeable.  Certainly if you want to festoon your baby with one of those lacy elastic headbands, or dress your 4-year-old in cute little dresses, it would probably be better for all concerned if the kid had female genitals.

22 hours ago, Pi237 said:

That kid will never fully accept Amy saying 'I love you just the same' That disappointment was immediate and recorded. He'll never completely forget that. 

I actually felt bad for her because her disappointment was palpable.  But I agree--this is one of those things that shouldn't be out there for the kid to find out in the future.  But these people's livelihoods depend on putting things out there that probably shouldn't be publicized, and I'm not sure they're smart enough to draw meaningful distinctions.

• Sad 2
On 1/26/2023 at 11:46 PM, Joan van Snark said:

I would bet my life that Misty is NOT a full sister of Tammy and Amy.  Misty is the oldest, and I believe she has a different father than any of the others.  

I cannot confirm but I believe they are by three fathers. Misty is by one father, Chris and Amanda had a father named Combs and Tammy and Amy's father was a Slaton. I read also that Tammy and Amy have a half brother on their father's side named Stephen Slaton. Don't know what their relationship with him is like.

I agree with the person who said earlier that Misty, Chris and Amanda seem much better spoken and "higher functioning" than Amy and Tammy.

• Like 2

I don't blame Tammy for not wanting to go deep with the therapist on camera. I don't want to watch that either, too intrusive. Also, I don't care for her therapist either. Nothing personal, she just has a tone that makes me feel defensive and I'm only watching her on tv. Can't pin point it, a way of talking down, sort of a condescending teacher vibe with an authoritative tone while checking off boxes in her head, not really listening, but categorizing...

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Tammy has refused to meaningfully participate in two therapy sessions.  If I were the therapist I would tell her I’m not approving her for the surgery.

Well within their right and their responsibility. 

If nothing productive is happening it’s time to reset.  Either the therapist needs to draw up a new set of parameters or the parties should part ways amicably.

Dr Stapleton is a patient therapist but everyone has limits.  I’m sure the Dr. Will know the right time to end this relationship. 

I know I could not work with Tammy’s petulant attitude.  She takes difficulty to a whole new level. 

On 1/31/2023 at 7:53 PM, Pi237 said:

I don't blame Tammy for not wanting to go deep with the therapist on camera. I don't want to watch that either, too intrusive. 

Point taken Pi237. Tammy, however has shown no hesitancy to eat, drink, burp, fart, make stupid youtube videos and introduce random men on the show. Embracing therapy might certainly make her more likeable and help her lose weight. I think she is scared sh****** to have the surgery, lose weight and be forced to be an adult and work for a living. She's becoming pretty unredeemable in my eyes.

• Like 5