Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E11: Bridges

Poohpoohpooh
  • Start Topic

“Bridges” – Parker discovers he’s a victim of identity theft while investigating the unusual murder of a Navy ensign. Also, Knight and Jimmy face hurdles in their relationship as their connection heightens, on the CBS Original series NCIS, Monday, Jan. 16 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+*.

(It's finally Parker's turn in the character spotlight rotation again).

• Like 2

Interesting episode. I hope we get to see the mom again as I like that actress. Something seemed “off” about the adoptive parents on first interview (lack of concern, didn’t seem to fit together, didn’t want to go ID the daughter), and it wasn’t really clear in the end, was the dead daughter a traitor, and their mole, or was she trying to escape them? Sad all the way around. Shades of River Phoenix!
Also thought the Knight/Palmer friction was going to be resolved by having a different 3 person, emotionally neutral activity elsewhere-something they didn’t avidly enjoy with Breena. That was the logical way to write this, because I can’t see Palmer realistically  thinking he could maintain that separation of Knight/daughter  once he finally decided to dive into the relationship. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Daff said:

Interesting episode. I hope we get to see the mom again as I like that actress. Something seemed “off” about the adoptive parents on first interview (lack of concern, didn’t seem to fit together, didn’t want to go ID the daughter), and it wasn’t really clear in the end, was the dead daughter a traitor, and their mole, or was she trying to escape them? Sad all the way around. Shades of River Phoenix!
Also thought the Knight/Palmer friction was going to be resolved by having a different 3 person, emotionally neutral activity elsewhere-something they didn’t avidly enjoy with Breena. That was the logical way to write this, because I can’t see Palmer realistically  thinking he could maintain that separation of Knight/daughter  once he finally decided to dive into the relationship. 

I think they were setting the stage to have both mom and son e turn to the show.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, South said:

I think they were setting the stage to have both mom and son e turn to the show.

Good catch that mom & son will probably be Parker's adopted family (pun intended?), and mom more likely could show up once per future season, like Delilah.

Quick and shocking how they brushed off ex-wife Vivian after only 2 episodes she was in. Maybe her character is hard to salvage after she was texting FBI director Sweeney behind Parker's back in that plot twist.

I can't understand why Parker gets only equal distribution of the character spotlight. He's the team leader, and Gary Cole is anchoring NCIS with his gravitas now. He should get at least TWO characters' worth.

I'm sure Gibbs easily had 5-10 episodes centered around him per season.

• Like 2

Very good episode, I liked the main plot which was quite intriguing with some good red herrings. Parker's ex is a good character and their dialogue about the time they spent apart and their regrets, and hopes at this stage in live is something you rarely see on shows. I also hope we see Joy again, her son can stay for a while at the FBI.

Jimmy and Knight's plot was also good, mirroring another difficult emotional configuration that required an honest talk and the will to move on. Bridges was an apt title for this episode. 

I enjoy Gary Cole as Parker a lot and that's exactly why I don't want to see him getting as many Parker-centered episodes as Gibbs got per season. It was too much and got tedious. 

• Like 5
11 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Very good episode, I liked the main plot which was quite intriguing with some good red herrings. Parker's ex is a good character and their dialogue about the time they spent apart and their regrets, and hopes at this stage in live is something you rarely see on shows. I also hope we see Joy again, her son can stay for a while at the FBI.

I was watching and thinking if this was a JAG episode he would be on his way to Navy boot camp. Or maybe even Parris Island if Gibbs was the  first love.

I am really liking how they are handling Jimmy and Knight. It is very realistic and I admit that it got dusty there at the end. 
Parker having a new love interest? On board with that. I like the actress so hope she’s a recurring character (as long as she doesn’t end up dead).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 1/19/2023 at 3:22 PM, twoods said:

I am really liking how they are handling Jimmy and Knight. It is very realistic and I admit that it got dusty there at the end. 
Parker having a new love interest? On board with that. I like the actress so hope she’s a recurring character (as long as she doesn’t end up dead).

I am too. I like how it's low key in the background but there, and moving forward. And it was dusty at my place too😎

• Like 1