Type keyword(s) to search

The Ho-Hum Allie Horton Thread

• Start Topic

She enjoys baking, disagreeing with her mother and letting Nicole raise her son indefinitely...dislikes sharing a girlfriend with her twin brother, being possessed and seeing her father go to jail.

...it's not as interesting as it sounds.

lucas-sami-twins-days-of-our-lives-jj.jp

Sami-and-Kids-Days-of-Our-Lives.jpg

days-sami-ej-kids-wise_orig.jpg

sami-johnny-allie-sydney-days-jj.jpg?res

leaving-salem-days-of-our-lives.jpg

days-dead-charlie-allie-JJ.jpg?fit=1024,

days-of-our-lives-allie-horton-pregnant-

nicole-allie-advice-days-jj.jpg?w=1230

DOOL-will-horton-sonny-kiriakis-allie-br

DOOL-spoilers1.jpg

nic-allie-against-sami-nbc.jpg?fit=800,4

AllieDD.jpg

Days-of-Our-Lives-Allie-Horton-Lindsay-A

allie-points-gun-tripp-days-of-our-lives

Days-of-our-Lives-Spoilers-Allie-Horton-

allie-holds-gun-days-of-our-lives-jj.jpg

cliare-tripp-interrupt-allie-chanel-days

Tripp-Chanel-And-Allie.png

allie-helps-tripp-holds-henry-days-of-ou

days-chanel-allie.jpeg?resize=1536,1043&

DAYS-SPOILERS-2-1.jpg

image.png.05c7a5452f577ab5ece7eb251eab88c6.png

days-allie-sami-lucas-tripp-scaled.jpeg?

lucas-punch-ej-allie-gape-johnny-days-jj

paulina-allie-johnny-chanel-lani-days-of

paulina-sees-chanel-allie-sex-days-nbc.p

Days-Of-Our-Lives-Tripp-Lucas-Adams-and-

Days-of-our-Lives-Spoilers-Tripp-Dalton-

tripp-proppose-allie-days-of-our-lives-j

allie-chanel-horton-square-days-of-our-l

allie-chanel-kiss-days-jj.jpg?resize=650

will-allie-bench-days-of-our-lives-jj.jp

Days-of-our-Lives-Spoilers-Ciara-Brady-V

Days-of-our-Lives-Spoilers-Ben-Weston-Ro

FXHjst4VUAM6NHl.jpg

FXhv7xcXgAUxzmZ?format=jpg&name=large

Days-of-our-Lives-Lucas-Horton-Bryan-Dat

allie-chanel-lead-alex-bedroom-days-peac

5b760294ccacaac0957e182b94d037fd

(really sorry to have to include those two pics ^^ purely for historical reasons)

days_recap_7_30_2022.webp

lindsay-arnold.jpg?resize=1536,768&ssl=1

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, Sidney said:

Or Stephanie. It's hard to believe this chick is in an love triangle.

Well Stephanie used to be entertaining to me but this version not so much.

I liked Allie as a child but like Ciara when she grew up it went downhill.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well Stephanie used to be entertaining to me but this version not so much.

Cherubic redheaded race-car-driver Stephanie?  Or Touch The Sky hot-tub dunking victim brunette Stephanie?  Or Ford Decker Murdering Mastermind Stephanie?  Or Uncle-Flirting Stephanie?  Or DNA Changing Samanther-In-Waiting Stephanie?

DOOL shouldn't have returned her to Salem as a witless ingenue.  She should be as daring as daddy and as career-driven as mummy.  And well into her 30s.  And not living as a ping-pong ball between a DiMera and a Kiriakis.

Then again, DOOL makes this mistake so often with female characters.  They botched Sarah Horton, and Chloe Lane Wesley Brady Horton Jonas, too.

As for Stephanie's cousin's daughter Allie, I wonder if the change to recurring was driven by an actress request, or just the production decision to rid Salem of more Hortons.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Like 3
21 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Cherubic redheaded race-car-driver Stephanie?  Or Touch The Sky hot-tub dunking victim brunette Stephanie?  Or Ford Decker Murdering Mastermind Stephanie?  Or Uncle-Flirting Stephanie?  Or DNA Changing Samanther-In-Waiting Stephanie?

DOOL shouldn't have returned her to Salem as a witless ingenue.  She should be as daring as daddy and as career-driven as mummy.  And well into her 30s.  And not living as a ping-pong ball between a DiMera and a Kiriakis.

Then again, DOOL makes this mistake so often with female characters.  They botched Sarah Horton, and Chloe Lane Wesley Brady Horton Jonas, too.

As for Stephanie's cousin's daughter Allie, I wonder if the change to recurring was driven by an actress request, or just the production decision to rid Salem of more Hortons.

The race car driver as she was more original but I also liked SH's Stephanie as well especially her and Phillip together.  Regardless both versions are better than the current version of the character.

They don't know how to write for younger male and female characters at this point. I think the women fare better than the younger males on this show.

I do think this is another way of getting rid of another Horton. I mean they could easily recast  if they wanted the character to continue. They clearly don't.

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The race car driver as she was more original but I also liked SH's Stephanie as well especially her and Phillip together.  Regardless both versions are better than the current version of the character.

They don't know how to write for younger male and female characters at this point. I think the women fare better than the younger males on this show.

I do think this is another way of getting rid of another Horton. I mean they could easily recast  if they wanted the character to continue. They clearly don't.

Sarah has become the last standing Horton as far as the permanent cast goes. How sad.

• Sad 1
(edited)

Well, that's the end of Allie Horton for now.

I don't think Lindsay Arnold was bad, but she done absolutely no favors by the initial writing. It reminded me a lot of what they did with Teen Ciara- dropping this actress into a rape storyline right off the get go before she had time to actually figure out the character and endear herself to the audience. I did eventually think they were going to do what they did with Mariah on Young and the Restless, who got to be the token same-sex couple on the show, but then it seemed like the show decided to just drop her. I'm kinda wondering if that's why she seemed teary at the September Daytime Emmys- she would have already been done filming or filming her last scenes.

I did think she had a lot of fun with the Devil and flirting with Alex. In any event soaps are a really good training ground for the technical side of screen acting, so I wish her the best of luck. I did note that it seems like she might have had some vocal training- she had this soft, whispery voice at the start of her run that bugged the absolute crap out of me, and it no longer bothered me by the end so I'm thinking her voice probably changed a bit. Good. We can't discount vocal training when it comes to acting.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I preferred Allie as a child(I notice I feel that way about a lot of characters on this show but I digress) however I do think they should've made her more of a bad girl as she seemed more alive as the "possessed Allie" rather than regular Allie.

They also clearly had no idea of what to do with the character(or any character on this show) which I think is a problem with any character taking off on this show anymore. 

I think the only one in recent memory they have gotten right so far is Sloan. Not sure why they can't do that for the other characters tbh. Chanel is fine as well.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I preferred Allie as a child(I notice I feel that way about a lot of characters on this show but I digress) however I do think they should've made her more of a bad girl as she seemed more alive as the "possessed Allie" rather than regular Allie.

They also clearly had no idea of what to do with the character(or any character on this show) which I think is a problem with any character taking off on this show anymore.

I only (respectfully) disagree with your first point because it doesn't actually address your second point, the show didn't know what to do with Allie (Brady/Evans/with connections to Dimeras and Blacks) Horton. After her initial story with Nicole/Sami/Eric/Henry/Charlie, the show started to write Allie as an extension of Chanel, mainly RB's Chanel. I think PW's Chanel and Allie were more equal. Her relationship with Johnny, her twin brother, was mostly based on her connection to Chanel. Allie felt like an extension of the Dupree/Carver family and the show did nothing with her relationships with EJ/Jarlena/ErIc/Sonny. She didn't even feel like a major player in her father's kidnapping of her mother. The show did nothing interesting with her relationship with Johnny. 

Making her bad would probably result in her scheming against Johnny to keep Chanel. While that, in theory, is more interesting, let's look at Gwen to see the results of scheming without proper character grounding. It's not guaranteed to be more interesting even with a good actress, which I think both the Gwen and Allie actresses are.  She will be there to provide Chanel with a story, which again doesn't actually address who is Allie Horton.

I'm also concerned about making any of Sami's kids grey characters. Instead of setting the proper foundation for such grey motivations, the show will simply use the shortcut "that's Sami's kid" or the shortcut for Johnny or Sydney "that's Sami's kid and a Dimera." Neither is particularly interesting as a motivation.

Anyway, I liked the actress, and I liked the character when she rarely had a purpose. I thought she shined in her one scene with Brady and I liked when she shared a couple of scenes with Belle. I also liked her short-lived friendship with Ciara and I think she makes Alex tolerable. 

• Like 1
On 3/5/2023 at 12:34 PM, 4evaQuez said:

I only (respectfully) disagree with your first point because it doesn't actually address your second point, the show didn't know what to do with Allie (Brady/Evans/with connections to Dimeras and Blacks) Horton. After her initial story with Nicole/Sami/Eric/Henry/Charlie, the show started to write Allie as an extension of Chanel, mainly RB's Chanel. I think PW's Chanel and Allie were more equal. Her relationship with Johnny, her twin brother, was mostly based on her connection to Chanel. Allie felt like an extension of the Dupree/Carver family and the show did nothing with her relationships with EJ/Jarlena/ErIc/Sonny. She didn't even feel like a major player in her father's kidnapping of her mother. The show did nothing interesting with her relationship with Johnny. 

Making her bad would probably result in her scheming against Johnny to keep Chanel. While that, in theory, is more interesting, let's look at Gwen to see the results of scheming without proper character grounding. It's not guaranteed to be more interesting even with a good actress, which I think both the Gwen and Allie actresses are.  She will be there to provide Chanel with a story, which again doesn't actually address who is Allie Horton.

I'm also concerned about making any of Sami's kids grey characters. Instead of setting the proper foundation for such grey motivations, the show will simply use the shortcut "that's Sami's kid" or the shortcut for Johnny or Sydney "that's Sami's kid and a Dimera." Neither is particularly interesting as a motivation.

Anyway, I liked the actress, and I liked the character when she rarely had a purpose. I thought she shined in her one scene with Brady and I liked when she shared a couple of scenes with Belle. I also liked her short-lived friendship with Ciara and I think she makes Alex tolerable. 

I agree with you. When I say she should be more of a bad girl its not because she's a Lumi kid I mean look at Will. I just think Allie has a lot of built in resentment the show could've drawn from to create her own identity.  Her parents dysfunctional relationship, Sami always chasing after EJ and disrupting her life, Lucas's alcoholism etc with competent writers it would be very easy to write a compelling character in Allie that isn't just "Sami's kid" yet that requires effort soap writers can't be bothered with.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
On 3/6/2023 at 7:05 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree with you. When I say she should be more of a bad girl its not because she's a Lumi kid I mean look at Will. I just think Allie has a lot of built in resentment the show could've drawn from to create her own identity.  Her parents dysfunctional relationship, Sami always chasing after EJ and disrupting her life, Lucas's alcoholism etc with competent writers it would be very easy to write a compelling character in Allie that isn't just "Sami's kid" yet that requires effort soap writers can't be bothered with.

I think that Allie should have been more like her aunt Carrie and it would have been a perfect contrast to her mother Sami. Perhaps Allie could have been the reason for Sami and Carrie to become true sisters. Allie should have been the good girl to Ciara's bad girl. I loved their rivalry as kids and the show should have built on that foundation.  Allie and Johnny should have been super close.  Sydney should have been the bad girl not because she was traumatized like Sami but simply because she was a spoiled entitled brat who thought the world should bow down to her. I could see both Sami and EJ giving in to her every whim and that becoming a problem as she became a young lady.

I also got tired of Sami's children all having some type of resentment when it comes to her.  The show can't ever have Sami grow up a bit. Her relationship with Will was always complicated because she had him while she was troubled selfish teen who was alienated from her family.  I would have loved to have seen Sami learn from her mistakes with Will and become an awesome mother to Allie Johnny and Sydney.  The show is stuck with Sami's characterization from the JER years.. 

• Applause 1
31 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I think that Allie should have been more like her aunt Carrie and it would have been a perfect contrast to her mother Sami. Perhaps Allie could have been the reason for Sami and Carrie to become true sisters. Allie should have been the good girl to Ciara's bad girl. I loved their rivalry as kids and the show should have built on that foundation.  Allie and Johnny should have been super close.  Sydney should have been the bad girl not because she was traumatized like Sami but simply because she was a spoiled entitled brat who thought the world should bow down to her. I could see both Sami and EJ giving in to her every whim and that becoming a problem as she became a young lady.

I also got tired of Sami's children all having some type of resentment when it comes to her.  The show can't ever have Sami grow up a bit. Her relationship with Will was always complicated because she had him while she was troubled selfish teen who was alienated from her family.  I would have loved to have seen Sami learn from her mistakes with Will and become an awesome mother to Allie Johnny and Sydney.  The show is stuck with Sami's characterization from the JER years.. 

When Allie/Ciara were kids (and far preferable versions of their characters) I always thought that was the intended direction. Ciara would've been the bad girl and Allie the good girl despite their parents. Then they were both SORASed and it went downhill from there.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1