Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Fake It ‘Til You Make It

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Jamie and his new intel team officer infiltrate a high-tech car smuggling ring. Also, Frank faces off against the city's transit chief over a new mayoral solo police patrol program that is causing officer injuries on the job; Eddie asks Danny to help her bust a cop impersonator; and Erin hires an image consultant to help with her D.A. campaign, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Jan. 13 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Come the fuck on, show. There can never be a legitimate difference of opinion when it comes to Frank, it's simply the correct answer (Frank's position) and the wrong answer (anyone who disagrees with Frank). Chief Gallagher can't be a guy gunning for Frank's job who has a difference of opinion with Frank, he has to be a corrupt cop. Of course. It's just so hacky. 

• Like 4

Also, look, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that the bail law reform is awesome (I think it plainly IS a positive thing, but whatever, I get that it isn't something that everyone will ever agree on), but for this show to act like it is just an accepted fact that it is BAD is pretty ridiculous. Like, there's never even been a single voice of dissent when it comes to the issue? Not a single one? It's outrageously poor writing. 

Go ahead, show, take a position on an issue, but at least offer a glimpse of the other side of the issue. Their take on bail reform isn't even up to the level of most of their Frank issues, where the Black woman/wimpy White guy at least gets to argue the other side before the show shows us that Frank's side is clearly correct (but don't worry, Frank agrees with the Black woman/wimpy White guy in THEORY, just never in practice). With bail reform, there's not even an ATTEMPT at the other side of the issue, despite bail reform continuing to spread throughout the country.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Come the fuck on, show. There can never be a legitimate difference of opinion when it comes to Frank, it's simply the correct answer (Frank's position) and the wrong answer (anyone who disagrees with Frank). Chief Gallagher can't be a guy gunning for Frank's job who has a difference of opinion with Frank, he has to be a corrupt cop. Of course. It's just so hacky. 

Where was the corruption? If he were corrupt, and not doing a good job as Transportation Chief, he’d be gone. I did like seeing Eddie Cahill, it’s been a long time and the grey makes him look distinguished. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Daff said:

Where was the corruption? If he were corrupt, and not doing a good job as Transportation Chief, he’d be gone. I did like seeing Eddie Cahill, it’s been a long time and the grey makes him look distinguished. 

Covering up other negative incidents to make the pilot program look like it was working. And yeah, how Frank let that go with just a reprimand was way out of character for Frank.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Covering up other negative incidents to make the pilot program look like it was working. And yeah, how Frank let that go with just a reprimand was way out of character for Frank.

Ah, sin of omission. There wasn’t a cover up, he simply didn’t report it. I don’t consider that corruption, just dishonesty. I’m sure it was logged (in triplicate) somewhere, especially if the second officer needed treatment for his injuries. Frank doesn’t tend to throw the baby out with the bath water. 

Saying a program is working fine while hiding incidents that show it is not working fine is a cover-up, plain and simple. 

Frank is willing to forgive a lot, but covering up facts to protect a political position while putting cops in danger doesn't feel like one of them. 

I'm not saying he should, like, fire the guy necessarily, but leaving him in charge of the Department that he was using to cover stuff up? Doesn't seem like a Frank idea.

Edited by Brian Cronin
3 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:

Were Erin's pantsuits supposed to mimic Hillary?  I don't think that's a winning strategy, but it is Manhattan.  😜

No real person in Manhattan would wear those pantsuits. I still can’t figure out why Hillary used to wear them. But yes I think that’s what they were going for n

Edited by EtheltoTillie
1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:
5 hours ago, Magnumfangirl said:

Were Erin's pantsuits supposed to mimic Hillary?  I don't think that's a winning strategy, but it is Manhattan.  😜

No real person in Manhattan would wear those pantsuits. I still can’t figure out why Hillary used to wear them. But yes I think that’s what they were going for n

it wasn’t the pantsuit so much as that color! 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, wonderwoman said:

it wasn’t the pantsuit so much as that color! 

Which color? Also how many different colors were there? What I saw in her office looked pink; it made me scream "Capitol Hill Barbie," but the one she was wearing on the street when she was filming her first commercial looked red. At first I thought it was the same pantsuit and it looked like different colors in different lighting, but then we saw the yellow one at the end.

I liked Jamie's storyline. I enjoyed seeing Danny and Eddie work together. Would it be possible for her to become a detective in or by the series finale? I think that may be what she wants. 

Someone or multiple people in the writers' room are fans of Happy Days, and I'm loving it. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

Which color? Also how many different colors were there? What I saw in her office looked pink; it made me scream "Capitol Hill Barbie," but the one she was wearing on the street when she was filming her first commercial looked red. At first I thought it was the same pantsuit and it looked like different colors in different lighting, but then we saw the yellow one at the end.

the only one that hurt my eyes was that yellow one she wore in the actual commercial.

• Like 3

I don't buy the fired cop impersonating a cop then getting his job back.  Come on show! 

I missed the whole Jamie thing, I dont like his new job (how is it different from being a detective?)

• Like 2