Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09: Nothing Sacred

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Reagan family tensions run high when Frank and his grandson, Joe Hill (Will Hochman), contend with a grievous insult to the memory of Joe's father, Joe Reagan. Also, Erin and Henry work together to bust an over-the-phone scammer targeting the elderly; Danny intervenes in an undercover assignment led by his spiraling former partner; and Eddie's captain takes suspicious interest in her efforts to locate a stolen puppy, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Jan. 6 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

An episode directed by Bridget Moynahan.

I love seeing Anthony teaming-up with any of the Reagans. With grandpa Teeth, this is the 2nd or 3rd time, right?

Frank and Eddie were so petty. A missed opportunity of not watching Joe growing-up is not a solid excuse, Frank.

Eddie shouldn’t be using Jamie as a tool to get more info out of Capt. McNichols. And why was Jamie agreeing to that? Am liking Badillo more than Eddie now.

Something Danny said to John, hmm! 🤨

”We have the right woman in our lives.”

Henry and Donna should be an item. They look cute together.

Why Bonnie Somerville ruined her face like this??!

2FBAC921-FB90-4D9C-9894-4E9C2683EFA5.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy

I appreciated the gift card scam storyline and how direct Henry was explaining it. To us, it seems obvious, but to the older demographic this show is targeted at, well, they fall for this shit. My parents are in their 80s and while they are savvy I'm still worried about them falling for something. 

• Like 5

Do you think someone in the writers' room thought, you know we have a substantial older audience. Maybe we should work in a PSA about scams. I do enjoy Henry getting to be part of a storyline, and Anthony is a fun character. 

On paper, Joe Hill sounds like a character from a bad/cheesy soap-opera, but the character totally works and I'm not quite sure why. 

Eddie's current partner is probably my favorite of her post-Jamie partners. I like that he provides a contrasting worldview, without being a jerk. I also enjoy the little converations they have before the plot starts. 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Do you think someone in the writers' room thought, you know we have a substantial older audience. Maybe we should work in a PSA about scams.

The PSA was so clunky. I vastly prefer when the attorney general for my state does PSA's. They are usually fun and usually cats make an appearance. Grandpa Teeth going undercover and the whole sting operation was so cringe.

Also, Victoria Lord can do so much better than Grandpa Teeth. 

I liked the Joe storyline. Oh and I liked the dogs. That is pretty much all I liked about this episode.

Henry KNEW what was happening with his neighbor when he saw her in the store buying gift cards.  Why didn't he tell her the scam right then instead of letting her purchase them and get scammed?  So he lets her get scammed, goes to her house the next day (?) and tells her he knew she was getting scammed.  shut up.....

• Like 5

I didn’t like the Joe Hill anger. He didn’t know who his father was a couple years ago, never met him and has no feelings for him(regardless of what his mom says).  His anger was not accurate.  Annoyance, irritation yea… but not this over the top anger and interfering with Frank’s wishes.  I did however understand his mentioning  it at the Sunday dinner. 

Joe Hill’s mom denied him a relationship with the Reagans at a time when he should  have gotten it.  We should be seeing scenes where he’s extremely angry towards her.   

Frank paid for that tombstone.  I didn’t see Joe Hill offering to reimburse him. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3