Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Ooo La La Liste

• Start Topic

So many eye-rolling moments: 🙄

• With her sense of style and her habit of not repeating outfits, Emily can definitely survive on her low base salary and commissions (ETA: Emily rewears some of her boots).
  • Emily Cooper is très influential??!
  • Of course Janine Dubois follows Emily on IG.
  • Of course Janine and Emily get along so well, she puts her at #1.
  • Janine giving a hint that marrying the chef could solve Emily’s work visa problem. And of course her IG solves that problem.
  • Mindy went to the same boarding school as Nicolas de Leon. Sure Jen.
  • Camille making out with Sofia. How convenient.
  • I get you, Benoit. The love song that you wrote for your gf shouldn’t be in a sunblock commercial. But Emily’s idea is always brilliant!

There’s a gingham theme going on here.

1B128504-16CB-40E7-9C9E-FF4767B7464C.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 2

I am surprised the series brought up the work visa subject, because that's real and something a person would absolutely have to deal with so I am happy it is included in here.

I liked the callback to the French not doing business at parties and how the guy didn't appreciate Emily attempting that again.

The shallow performance was lovely, I was surprised when Mindy actually nailed the sustained wailing note. It's not easy to do it but she sounded just like Gaga.

• Like 5

I wondered about her work visa, it made sense before Emily parted ways with the parent company and also explained why Sylvie might be good at the big business deals, but she has NO CLUE on the inner workings from taxes to HR. I actually do like that because it finally shows more that Sylvie isn't be all as she puts that thoughts in her head. I get the boyfriend with how Laurent seems to just go back in and out of Sylvie's life and the two acting like old high school friends instead of "separated spouses". I mean from what we got, they wanted different things in life, but couldn't divorce because: "other people would be upset." 

• Like 2
On 12/22/2022 at 10:36 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:
  • Mindy went to the same boarding school as Nicolas de Leon. Sure Jen.

It's Le Rosey in Switzerland, where the ultra-ultra-rich send their kids. I totally buy it.

On 12/22/2022 at 6:49 PM, Harvey said:

I liked the callback to the French not doing business at parties and how the guy didn't appreciate Emily attempting that again.

Same. Does Emily not learn anything? I love how Nicolas completely shut her down.

• Like 2
On 1/2/2023 at 9:37 PM, dubbel zout said:

Same. Does Emily not learn anything? I love how Nicolas completely shut her down

But then he offers her a job anyway. Emily always get the client! :eye roll:

• Wink 1

France seems to have a pretty high bar for work visas.  and what the magazine writer didn't detail is that she didn't get the work visa because she married a frenchman, she became a french citizen by such marriage (and speaking french) and thus was able to work as a french citizen.