Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Happy My Birthday To You

• Start Topic

Uh, why is everyone saying Marcus is damaged? Like it's a known fact. All we have to support that is that his best friend died of cancer last year. That makes him bereaved and sad and going through a difficult time. It doesn't make him damaged. Sure, he's a dopey kid and maybe he lacks drive. But he's only sixteen, and it's weird for Georgia to tell him he's damaged like she has a clue about him.

I really like the way Ginny is getting along with her life, with friends, a boyfriend, a party, and in the background she's struggling with her mental health. I buy it. She has cried out to her father and now to her therapist this season that she's not okay.

Putting those two things together, I wonder if Ginny's storyline is headed somewhere scary, like an overdose or something. Georgia thinks Marcus is screwed up and Ginny is normal. Meanwhile, Marcus got therapy, got better, and recommended it to Ginny, who keeps telling us that she's not okay. I believe her!

Edited by Kirsty
  • Like 4

"He also likes getting head." Georgia, he's a sentient male. Of course he likes getting head!

LOL at the Bridgerton lite musical.

Loved Ellen getting between Ginny and Marcus on the bed. I also love how she and Georgia are a team against Marcus and Ginny. Hee.

On 1/6/2023 at 7:30 PM, shelley1234 said:

Max is the worst.   I wouldn't want her back as a friend.  At all.   But at least she admitted she was behaving horribly because she was hurt.  

You know it's going to last only until the next time she perceives some slight against her. The world does have to revolve around Max. Ugh.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Loved Ellen getting between Ginny and Marcus on the bed. I also love how she and Georgia are a team against Marcus and Ginny. Hee.

The friendship between Georgia and Ellen is consistently a lot of fun, I think.

I really enjoy both parents of Max and Marcus, actually. I really like their family's scenes. 

• Like 7

I forgot how much I liked Georgia and Ellen together as friends, I am glad to get scenes of them again. I guess that Max and Ginny being friends again is the price we must pay for more scenes of them. I'm glad that Ginny had her friend group again for her sake, and Max did offer a weird rambling apology, but I am still not a fan at all. I got way too much enjoyment out of watching all of her friends hanging out without her after she kept dumping them out of pettiness. 

I don't like Marcus much either, but I don't think that Georgia was exactly fair to him. He's an angsty teen but I wouldn't call him "damaged" exactly. Lots of people go through an angsty moody teen phase and get over it, which he probably will, it doesn't mean he's so messed up that he will inevitably drag Ginny down to his level. It cant be great to hear your girlfriends mom basically say that your inevitably such a loser that you'll ruin the life of the girl who isn't even your girlfriend yet. 

• Like 4
20 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I don't like Marcus much either, but I don't think that Georgia was exactly fair to him. He's an angsty teen but I wouldn't call him "damaged" exactly. Lots of people go through an angsty moody teen phase and get over it, which he probably will, it doesn't mean he's so messed up that he will inevitably drag Ginny down to his level. It cant be great to hear your girlfriends mom basically say that your inevitably such a loser that you'll ruin the life of the girl who isn't even your girlfriend yet. 

Yeah, that was really ill-advised and fucked up.  It reminds me of Lorelai Gilmore's antagonism towards Jess.  While Lorelai was a lot worse, Georgia really should not have given that speech.

It's almost like blaming him for having a friend that died and experiencing totally normal mental health issues because of it.  Really weird.

Lorelai and Georgia have that same quality of thinking the sun shines out of their daughter's ass and trying to destroy their daughter's potential happiness because of it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 3
31 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah, that was really ill-advised and fucked up.  It reminds me of Lorelai Gilmore's antagonism towards Jess.  While Lorelai was a lot worse, Georgia really should not have given that speech.

Georgia needs to stop that shit right now or else Ginny could end up like Rory. A dithering selfish entitled idiot who spends most of her time whining about what a shit writer she is while cheating on her boyfriend with her married ex. That's what can happen when you tell your kid over and over how perfect they are and that they can do no wrong and are the most special person ever. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3