Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for Mary & George

• Start Topic

I am so excited to see what the beautiful Julianne Moore does with the part! It's also good to see a compelling role for a woman over 40 (I know tv is better than film in this regard but still). Article from Deadline, here- The Tudors get so much hype, but the Stuarts are fascinating. 

• Love 1

OMG I can't believe we are actually getting something based around James I that isn't just him being a footnote to Elizabeth I's reign. I hope this series is successful so it encourages after studios that the Stuarts are a family worth mining to death like The Tudors. Honestly, their time on the English throne is just begging to be adapted into a drama series.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Bill1978 said:

OMG I can't believe we are actually getting something based around James I that isn't just him being a footnote to Elizabeth I's reign. I hope this series is successful so it encourages after studios that the Stuarts are a family worth mining to death like The Tudors. Honestly, their time on the English throne is just begging to be adapted into a drama series.

I KNOW! I mean Charles II and all his mistresses would be a series on its own.

• Love 2

Nicholas Galitzine  to portray George. I am not familiar with him but he is very handsome! He’s got a “pretty” look to him which fits as a royal paramour. He also has a chameleon quality about him- his hair and angles change up his face a lot. 

74EA6DB6-74C9-4597-B72C-D18D194C3C1F.jpeg.3ef23ca853223d06d2b7f01d2e57466b.jpeg2D36AC0E-D3FF-4886-AA1D-737411A9FC7C.jpeg.49072fc47d3ad4b27c9ac1182928ec7b.jpeg

Do we think he resembles Julianne Moore? I believe them as Mother and Son. Especially in this younger photo of Julianne. 

FBBA630C-AE02-4CF5-8496-BC91C107CB03.jpeg

BCF0DFA3-E23B-4EA2-B947-80C4DBC18410.jpeg

58189008-1BEF-419D-8155-8B3C668A04FF.jpeg

• Like 4
On 12/8/2022 at 8:15 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I KNOW! I mean Charles II and all his mistresses would be a series on its own.

The story of the Glorious Revolution would also be fascinating, although the audience might end up hating everyone involved.

• Like 3
On 8/5/2023 at 6:06 PM, Bill1978 said:

The main thing I've seen him in is Handsome Devil and while his acting wasn't Oscar worthy, he can actually act.

I saw him as the Prince in the 2021 Cinderella, while I didn’t mind him I really felt that movie was atrocious because he and Camilla (who played Cinderella) had NO chemistry. I mean even Idina Menzel and Billy Porter couldn’t save it!

However Nicholas has chemistry in spades with Taylor Zakhar Perez in Royal, White & Royal Blue. Romantic and sexual- he can also do a lot of subtle work with his face and body language. 

• Like 3

I know that article said it was still filming in June 2023, but I swear I read somewhere that filming had wrapped before the strike started as I remembered breathing a sigh of relief as it meant there was a good chance it would air this year. But in case that doesn't happen I guess I have the Lady Grey drama over at Amazon to tide me over - assuming it's still being released in 2023.

I hope this limited series is a success, to encourage more productions based around the Stuart period of monarchs.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

I know that article said it was still filming in June 2023, but I swear I read somewhere that filming had wrapped before the strike started as I remembered breathing a sigh of relief as it meant there was a good chance it would air this year. But in case that doesn't happen I guess I have the Lady Grey drama over at Amazon to tide me over - assuming it's still being released in 2023.

I hope this limited series is a success, to encourage more productions based around the Stuart period of monarchs.

Lady Grey drama? What’s it called? Do we have a thread/forum for it? Don’t hold out on me. 

Well, it doesn't look like they will be shying away from the gay scenes based on that trailer. And the trailer in general has maintained my interest in this series.

Still can't believe we are getting a series about a Stuart monarch, who isn't Mary. Queen of Scots.

• Love 1

Me, an Aussie, trying to convert the seasons to my time which is Autumn and realising that's really soon. I just hope its super successful so we can get more shows/movies about the Stuarts.

That trailer is everything and more. It's giving major vibes of being over the top and I am here for it. It looks like so much fun I may not care if it plays fast and loose with history.

Now all I need to do is find confirmation its coming to an Australian service, hopefully at the same time as the Starz release.

Not as over-the-top as advertised. Still a great watch. By all appearances of the promotion I assumed it would have anachronistic elements and a bit punchier, but it's not. It is very much your standard historical drama, with the exception of a fair bit of humour running through.