Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: What's Done in the Dark

• Start Topic

I thought that was a great season finale!

I knew the anti aging thing had to come into play because the actress who plays Ellie will naturally age. The young man who plays Peter looks to be about 25 years old. (I know he is supposed to be 15 but ... NO -- dude looks older!!!.) But still - nice set up for next season.

Wow! Naomi! I'm glad she wasn't killed but she'll be a vampire now! haha! < I did NOT see that coming!

I sure hope there is another season because I ended up liking this show more than I thought. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, taanja said:

I thought that was a great season finale!

I knew the anti aging thing had to come into play because the actress who plays Ellie will naturally age. The young man who plays Peter looks to be about 25 years old. (I know he is supposed to be 15 but ... NO -- dude looks older!!!.) But still - nice set up for next season.

Wow! Naomi! I'm glad she wasn't killed but she'll be a vampire now! haha! < I did NOT see that coming!

I sure hope there is another season because I ended up liking this show more than I thought. 

Really thought the finale was a good one too and I also hope for another season. It's always iffy when you have child actors because they are just going to naturally age and I didn't hear about the anti aging thing, guess I wasn't listening well but I did hear the what's her name say after she gave Eleanor the shot, something like, so do you feel any older? So I like that they covered that aspect if they go into another season.  

I was not liking Naomi getting killed(wow,head smashing was brutal)  because I immediately thought of her poor Isaiah( I didn't think Mark would go through killing her either) but having Elinore turn her was a great turn, pun not intended.  I am guessing she will remember Mark killed her husband and still be pissed off but I guess then relieved that Eleanor saved her from death. It's a really intriguing storyline and I hope we get to see those emotions she will be going through. Oh the possibilities!

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Valny said:

I was not liking Naomi getting killed(wow,head smashing was brutal)  because I immediately thought of her poor Isaiah( I didn't think Mark would go through killing her either) but having Elinore turn her was a great turn, pun not intended.  I am guessing she will remember Mark killed her husband and still be pissed off but I guess then relieved that Eleanor saved her from death. It's a really intriguing storyline and I hope we get to see those emotions she will be going through. Oh the possibilities!

Yeah! That head pounding on the cement floor was horrible! Naomi is one of my favorite characters so I was glad that she didn't die! She'll just be a vampire! That is a twist I didn't see coming and one I look forward to this show exploring!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Loved the finale and I enjoyed the whole season overall. I'm looking forward to season 2.

I know Ellie is trying to help Isaiah but she's not really doing him any favors by turning his mother. First and foremost, Naomi is going to lose her job. It's going to hard to raise a child when you can only work at night otherwise you will catch fire and then there's that other thing... She's also going to require a steady diet of human beings to eat! We have already seen examples on this show of vampires getting hungry enough to eat anyone nearby so Ellie only really changed Isaiah's situation from perpetually sad to perpetually in danger.

I knew the aging potion would be coming back since it was basically a fourth wall break. How will we deal with this child actor's unfortunately tendency to age when she is playing a character who is not supposed to? We'll have a brilliant scientist figure out how to make her age! But I'll take the obvious telegraphing if it will get me more seasons of this show.

The science aspect of having Ellie around was unclear to me. Peter already made another vampire. Yes, Ellie is from the same host but so was Chris! Whatever the difference was here Claire didn't explain it well enough to make sense other than perhaps she's just twisted like that. Also, where is Chris? I thought Claire was going to do things with his corpse but I guess she must have already done them and cleaned up amongst all the other chaos going on. She may be a mad scientist but at least she keeps a tidy lab!

• Like 3
18 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I knew the aging potion would be coming back since it was basically a fourth wall break. How will we deal with this child actor's unfortunately tendency to age when she is playing a character who is not supposed to? We'll have a brilliant scientist figure out how to make her age! But I'll take the obvious telegraphing if it will get me more seasons of this show.

The science aspect of having Ellie around was unclear to me. Peter already made another vampire. Yes, Ellie is from the same host but so was Chris! Whatever the difference was here Claire didn't explain it well enough to make sense other than perhaps she's just twisted like that. Also, where is Chris? I thought Claire was going to do things with his corpse but I guess she must have already done them and cleaned up amongst all the other chaos going on. She may be a mad scientist but at least she keeps a tidy lab!

Didn't Peter say he killed him (Chris) and brought his body to the lab? I assume Claire did to it whatever she was going to do -- but lab stuff is boring so they just didn't show it.

I kind of like the way the writers are getting past the never aging thing. Cuz yeah. That little actress is getting older by the day! Puberty will hit and she won't be so flat chested and angular anymore.

I am truly interested to find out what they do with Naomi is a vampire next season. I mean -- mind blown! I bet she doesn't even believe vampires exist! Personally that is one of the characters and stories I am most interested in watching.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I was more or less on the fence about this show but the finale was really quite good. I was on the edge of my seat for the last ten minutes or so. I'm not real clear on Claire and Peter's fates. I think Claire might be dead but I wouldn't think that Peter is. But neither Mark nor Eleanor seemed that worried about him reviving and coming after them. Maybe they were just too distracted about trying to get Naomi to the hospital.

Which - I wonder how this will go down. I can't remember the details of how Eleanor turned. I know they took her to the hospital after she was attacked. How long before she recovered? In this show, you don't just "heal" by being a vampire - see Peter. So I don't see how becoming a vampire will fix Naomi's smashed skull. 

If Claire is dead, perhaps she served her purpose by inventing the drug that would allow vampires to age. But without her, where do Mark, Eleanor and now Naomi turn next?

I'd definitely watch another season. I hope it gets renewed.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

That was a great finale. I yelled "NO!" at the TV, at 1:30am, when I thought Naomi was dead, too. Then I realized they would have her become a vampire. I'm glad he won't be an orphan, but they've put him in danger from his own mother now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

What a great series and the finale was EPIC!!!

Look back at the reviewer of the show on this site, it's clear he just doesn't get it.

He calls the show boring but clearly this series went over his head!

Wonderfully acted! Intriguing! Suspenseful! Mixed in love, family, heart, drama, emotion, courage, action and you have a great great series!

I hope we get a season 2

• Like 1
On 12/22/2022 at 2:16 AM, Anela said:

That was a great finale. I yelled "NO!" at the TV, at 1:30am, when I thought Naomi was dead, too. Then I realized they would have her become a vampire. I'm glad he won't be an orphan, but they've put him in danger from his own mother now. 

I was right there with you. I was a all of nerves the whole episode.

Claire had me on edge. You tell she was mad AF at Mark...and Eleanor.

Mark had me in tears for what he was about to do. I don't know, if Isaiah hadn't said anything...who knows. But Naomi was ready.

Unfortunately she wasn't ready against a vampire and wow that ending I never saw it coming.

Where's Season 2????

• Like 1
On 12/13/2022 at 12:55 PM, iMonrey said:

I was more or less on the fence about this show but the finale was really quite good. I was on the edge of my seat for the last ten minutes or so. I'm not real clear on Claire and Peter's fates. I think Claire might be dead but I wouldn't think that Peter is. But neither Mark nor Eleanor seemed that worried about him reviving and coming after them. Maybe they were just too distracted about trying to get Naomi to the hospital.

Which - I wonder how this will go down. I can't remember the details of how Eleanor turned. I know they took her to the hospital after she was attacked. How long before she recovered? In this show, you don't just "heal" by being a vampire - see Peter. So I don't see how becoming a vampire will fix Naomi's smashed skull. 

If Claire is dead, perhaps she served her purpose by inventing the drug that would allow vampires to age. But without her, where do Mark, Eleanor and now Naomi turn next?

I'd definitely watch another season. I hope it gets renewed.

This series great. It's clear Claire and Peter not dead.

Speaking of, Claire is lucky Eleanor didn't rip her to shreds. 

If you remember, Eleanor never recovered from her attack...she is essentially dead. Vampires are dead. No heart beats and always cold.

If you remember the origin episode Eleanor died many times.

The healing takes time. And Peter did heal but the dead skin has to be removed to continue the healing process. Eleanor heals too but not as fast.

Who knows how long for Naomi? She will be in pain regardless.

Mark maybe has to find the original vampire...with Naomi help lol

On 12/13/2022 at 11:49 AM, taanja said:

Didn't Peter say he killed him (Chris) and brought his body to the lab? I assume Claire did to it whatever she was going to do -- but lab stuff is boring so they just didn't show it.

I kind of like the way the writers are getting past the never aging thing. Cuz yeah. That little actress is getting older by the day! Puberty will hit and she won't be so flat chested and angular anymore.

I am truly interested to find out what they do with Naomi is a vampire next season. I mean -- mind blown! I bet she doesn't even believe vampires exist! Personally that is one of the characters and stories I am most interested in watching.

The aging thing is genius by the writers. Stuff like that don't bother me. I mean really it's a show about vampires lol

I do want more seasons though. 

• Like 1
On 12/12/2022 at 2:39 PM, taanja said:

Yeah! That head pounding on the cement floor was horrible! Naomi is one of my favorite characters so I was glad that she didn't die! She'll just be a vampire! That is a twist I didn't see coming and one I look forward to this show exploring!

It was a bold move by the writers. The repercussions from the ending can go anywhere. Just depends if the show returns and if the actress returns too.

If the scenes was different and Naomi died, that would open up a new dynamic as well. Mark would be force to take care of Isaiah I believe. That would be interesting 

On 12/31/2022 at 8:17 PM, pent-up rage said:

It was a bold move by the writers. The repercussions from the ending can go anywhere. Just depends if the show returns and if the actress returns too.

If the scenes was different and Naomi died, that would open up a new dynamic as well. Mark would be force to take care of Isaiah I believe. That would be interesting 

I am glad to see someone love this show as much as I do!

I love Mark's moral conflict. What is one willing to do to keep one's child alive? Commit murder? Hell yeah!

I really really want a second season as well!