Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Nemesis

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Severide struggles with the cost of helping Det. Pryma with the Martucci case. Gallo campaigns for Herrmann to represent 51 at the National Firefighter's Association's Winter Conference. A familiar face makes a shocking return.

Airdate: 12/07/2022

6 hours ago, Artsda said:

How was the crazy girl not fired? They rewarded her?

Super Stella will no doubt live, so I won't even hope she's gone.

Spoiler

They even showed her just fine in scenes from next week. Talk about anticlimactic.

• Like 1

I'm glad the adoption came off successfully.  The way they kept building it up, when Cruz was clothes shopping with Javi, I said "Get him any shirt he wants, as long as it's red."

Helluva good security door on that bridge control room.

I would think that IAD investigators would require some advanced training beyond nice shirts and good teeth.  You're dealing with potential misconduct here, and the investigator needs to be on top of it.  Then again, crazy ex-medic has a good grounding in misconduct already.

Gallo:  "I'm going to tell Hermann..."  Ritter: "Wait till he's in a good mood."  Gallo: "He's never in a good mood."  Ritter: "That's my point."

Great scene security on the bomb call.  Bullets flying everywhere, live RPG in the room, and vehicles and personnel all crowded up around the porch.  When they wanted two people to suit up and go in, I said "Send Gallo and Carter".  But no, they had to have a cliffhanger.  Oh, and by the way, shut the fuck up, Severide.  If Boden hadn't been there, he would have bowled over any other person to get inside and do nothing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I'm glad the adoption came off successfully.  The way they kept building it up, when Cruz was clothes shopping with Javi, I said "Get him any shirt he wants, as long as it's red."

Me too.  Adoptions are the best thing to happen in any courthouse. It is probably the one purely happy event to happen.  Wedding are usually pretty nice too, but nothing beats the pure joy of an adoption. And there are frequently balloons.  Nobody ever brings balloons to criminal defendants.  (Or their hard working lawyers.)

Edited by ajsnaves
Because there’s a difference between “They’re” “Their” and “There” and boy ought to know it.
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

That bridge rescue call. I was laughing out loud in what was a very, very nice homage to a certain 1980 film starring Dan Ackroyd and John Belushi. Even down to the tight shot of the gears turning. 

As for the ending, all I gotta say is "Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of Martucci....has been approved."

• Love 1

What is the point of teasing a potential Stella and/or Carter death, only to immediately show a promo spot for upcoming episodes that shows them both alive and well? Geez, promo monkeys, way to give up the ghost.

And did they really think we'd believe they'd ever kill off their favorite characters? Don't threaten us with a good time.

Crazy ex-paramedic was fired for misconduct. How in the hell did she wind up in a position of authority at IAD? That's absurd. I could see her maybe getting a pencil pushing job somewhere and even that's stretch but the idea she'd be placed in a position where she could wreak havoc on yet more personnel is laughably ridiculous.

It's a wonder the real Chicago Fire department hasn't sued this show for damages.

• Applause 2
47 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

What is the point of teasing a potential Stella and/or Carter death, only to immediately show a promo spot for upcoming episodes that shows them both alive and well? Geez, promo monkeys, way to give up the ghost.

And did they really think we'd believe they'd ever kill off their favorite characters? Don't threaten us with a good time.

Crazy ex-paramedic was fired for misconduct. How in the hell did she wind up in a position of authority at IAD? That's absurd. I could see her maybe getting a pencil pushing job somewhere and even that's stretch but the idea she'd be placed in a position where she could wreak havoc on yet more personnel is laughably ridiculous.

It's a wonder the real Chicago Fire department hasn't sued this show for damages.

I am willing to accept a certain amount of suspension of disbelief because everyone knows that shows about firemen, policemen and lawyers are not accurate but are tweaked for the storyline.

But this was for some reason just a bridge too far because no one would be placed in this kind of position which could be abused in the wrong hands who had shown themselves to be unfit for normal fire work. Yes there is often incompetence being promoted and shuttled around but not in this kind of position in which there is a lot of power over individuals.

NYPD Blue did a really good job of portraying IAB or the "Rat Squad" as it was called. There was one IAB guy who showed up throughout the run who was essentially a good guy in a difficult position who often looked the other way in order to not jam someone up for something minor - As he said - Everything is a situation and so he wanted to avoid putting cops in difficult situations in which they might be tempted to protect another cop for whatever reason. 

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The promo spot didn’t show upcoming episodes. All those scenes are from the beginning of the season. Watch again. They haven’t released anything for the next half. 

• Useful 1
On 12/8/2022 at 1:47 PM, ajsnaves said:

Why was Stella even the one going in?  Shouldn’t the paramedic’s have been the ones to go in?   Or at least one of them?

I don’t think paramedics can go in until the scene is secured. That scene definitely wasn’t secured yet. Once the warhead is taking cared of, then they can go in. 

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

How in the hell did she wind up in a position of authority at IAD?

Maybe she blackmailed them, too.  "You remember Hawkins, the Paramedic BC?  You wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you, right?" /snark