Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Ride or Die?

• Start Topic

Michael loses it on Justine when she reveals a secret. Melissa visits Louie and is blindsided by the reality of dating an inmate. Jessica breaks down in tears when her daughter makes a difficult choice. Dauri’s ex-bunkie questions Emily’s loyalty.

Michael of the many children and truly unfortunate mugshot loses it on JustSmug.  How could this happen? We've already seen him be so calm, rational, and reassuring - "How dare someone question how I can afford to buy you a Mercedes SUV while I am in prison!  I will not be disrespected! Your family is dead to me.  Now get back to taking care of my boatload of children and fondling my toenail clippings!" 

Will it finally sink into perennial freshman Melissa that Louie from Lakeland is not the catch she thought he was?  Will she realize why the rest of the class did not decide to friend him on Facebook when he reached out from prison.  Drug habit - check!   Alcoholic - check!  User and loser - check!  If he's speaking, he's lying - check! She really showed those other women when she landed him.  OK, what she showed them is that she's a fool, but she still showed them. 

I'd set up a poll on whether the difficult choice Messica's daughter makes is to not move with her to partake in her prison pal fantasy of young lust; however, I know where we would land.  Another woman who figured out much too late that the "love of her life" is a drug addict who was scoring meth in prison, cannot stay clean, and has been a guest of the state more than once. She was too busy being mesmerized by his sloppy, fading face tattoos to take half a second to look into his record.  Yes, Messica is among the candidates for mother of the year. 

Dauri's ex-bunkie has the unmitigated gall to question Smugarina #2, Emily.  We've seen her great loyalty as she 1) refuses to ever visit him in prison and 2) spent his money on an overpriced ring.  (Inside his head, the jeweler was saying, "yes, yesssss, come to me my overconfident rube.  Let me sell you a $500 ring for $2K.")  It's bad when you feel for the convict.  The only thing worse that could happen to Dauri would be if he paroles to her house and has to live with her until his parole is over. 

Original air date 2022.12.02

• Love 4

First of all, it turns out this show is on at 6pm and 7pm in HD.  I've been watching on a different cable channel at 9pm (this is all west coast).  Happy dance!!

Now, for the show itself.  Mark hates women. Everything he says and does says he hates women and thinks they are stupid and beneath him. He taunts them and makes jokes at their expense.  There is nothing good in him. Also, he is a fake faker who fakes. I don't believe in him or his storyline. And his mom (if she is his mom) is faking too. They are just lovers of attention and TV time. They are dead to me. Moving on.

In that car Tai was absolutely lovely. Both she and her daughter are beautiful.  She's deranged, but she's a pretty deranged. If she spends this much time manifesting a future baby, she might just get a grandbaby instead. The universe is funny like that. And Tai is spending a lot of time not with her daughter who at thirteen(!) is looking very mature for her age. Tai had better be paying more attention to her than to her wall of effable inmates. I'm just sayin'.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Now, for the show itself.  Mark hates women. Everything he says and does says he hates women and thinks they are stupid and beneath him. He taunts them and makes jokes at their expense.  There is nothing good in him. Also, he is a fake faker who fakes. I don't believe in him or his storyline. And his mom (if she is his mom) is faking too. They are just lovers of attention and TV time. They are dead to me. Moving on.

I think Mark is not okay mentally (perhaps never has been) ... and he doesn't even look okay physically.   He always looks like he's been crying. I  wish someone would come on these forums and tell us they knew him when ... or knew her when...and give us the scoop.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

And his mom (if she is his mom) is faking too

He looks just like her, imo.

10 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I think Mark is not okay mentally (perhaps never has been) ... and he doesn't even look okay physically.   He always looks like he's been crying.

I'm no expert, but doesn't marijuana produce red eyes? He looks/acts strung out on something, anyway.

Jessica needs to start with retinol on her crepey eyes; although based on the preview, it looks like this grand romance is crashing and burning very soon.

Tai lost her fake ponytail (or lent it to her daughter)! And I got a huge laugh out of her description of how to get pregnant on a jail visit: hang out by the vending machine, wear a granny dress and (most important tip) no panties.

Emily is a terribly insecure creep, and I hope we get to see her humiliated next week. I also hope she doesn't return to the show(s), ever.

I was sort of glad to see Justine stand up to Mike. I do wonder if she's heard of this thing called 'auto insurance'.

Melissa and her pompoms, ugh. I hope when this whole thing is over, she has a Daonte-esque funeral pyre for the pompoms AND her terrible wardrobe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I was sort of glad to see Justine stand up to Mike. I do wonder if she's heard of this thing called 'auto insurance'.

She'd better ASK him if she has it...AND remind him that if she DOES get pulled over she needs that Registration on hand...immediately.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Tai lost her fake ponytail (or lent it to her daughter)! And I got a huge laugh out of her description of how to get pregnant on a jail visit: hang out by the vending machine, wear a granny dress and (most important tip) no panties.

That's how an inmate in Orange is the New Black got pregnant by her new husband in prison. On visiting day, on which they were married, they moseyed on over the vending machines which were offset somewhat and did the deed while the guards turned a blind eye. Methinks Tai is borrowing an idea there.  A stupid TV one, but probably the only thing she could think of to say.

That woman may be Mark's real mom but I think she is completely faking the story with Mark is what I'm getting at.  I don't believe anything that comes out of their scenes.

I couldn't believe that nurse (forget her name) was trying to manipulate her daughter into moving with her by telling her she could do whatever she wants if she lives with her. What a crappy mom. She seems like one of those moms who thinks her kid is her BFF instead of her child. You don't want to live with daddy. He has rules. And now that she knows he is an active meth addict and her life will probably be filled with misery with him, she is still staying with him. These women (too many women I've noticed) get in a relationship and see all kinds of red flags, abuse, controlling behavior, the whole thing, and somehow decide that they must stay the course and stand by their man, etc. It's like they see a sign that says 'Danger! Cliff ahead!' and they just keep going because the scenery's nice and who knows? the sign could be wrong.  And this goes double if the guy suddenly shows up with a ring. I'm a woman and I just. don't. get. it.

I saw an episode of Lockup which focused on women who attach themselves to inmates and one inmate was a total sociopath murderer in for life without parole that this awful idiot woman decided she was in love with. Unfortunately she had a fifteen year old son too. And she moved him from a large Northern city to this tiny insular Southern town so she could be closer to the prison. She was a bartender with a gazillion tats and he was a lonely sensitive boy who had no friends in his new environment. I felt so sorry for that poor kid and I wanted to punch that stupid woman in the throat. And the prisoner? He was openly (to the cameras) laughing about all the women he had on the hook. He was a cheerful sociopath making the most of prison life and proud of it.

I wish all these women were forced to watch that show. They might be less enamored of their forever loves if they knew who these guys really were when they weren't turning it on for the money on the books and the sexy phone time.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

First of all, it turns out this show is on at 6pm and 7pm in HD.  I've been watching on a different cable channel at 9pm (this is all west coast).  Happy dance!!

You should join us for the live chat Fridays at 6 Pacific time.  It's a lot of fun!

22 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I agree 100% that Mark is just trying to be on tv.  For some reason, fame is important to him, even when he is the butt of the joke...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think Mar-K believes he'll come off like a rich playboy on the show.  Instead he is creepy and disgusting.  He expects us to be wowed by the attractive inmates he's pulling in.  Of course, the rest of us know they are inmates who are generally okay having anyone to talk to, especially if they'll send money. We're supposed to be impressed by him. No one is.  He is weird, off-putting, self-important, and assured of his own superiority.  Inmates with few choices are rejecting him.  I agree with the poster above; Mark doesn't like or respect women.  He thinks they're idiots he can get one over on.  Every inmate we have seen him interact with is clearly smarter than him. I imagine he's a guy who invested heavily in crypto.  I hope he lost his shirt both literally and figuratively.  After all, we've seen his player's wardrobe and it is fugly. 

JustSmug should have asked: 1) who is the car registered to?; 2) what is the fastest way for me to get a copy of the registration to keep in the car?; 3) can you tell on your system if it's insured and, if so, by which company?; 4) does it show that it is current for state inspections?   She thinks twirling her hair and pursing her lips is a substitute for using her brain. She also knew that mentioning that she was getting the car checked out to make sure it wasn't stolen would anger Mike. JustSmug loves the drama.  I feel for her children.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

JustSmug should have asked: 1) who is the car registered to?; 2) what is the fastest way for me to get a copy of the registration to keep in the car?; 3) can you tell on your system if it's insured and, if so, by which company?; 4) does it show that it is current for state inspections?   She thinks twirling her hair and pursing her lips is a substitute for using her brain. She also knew that mentioning that she was getting the car checked out to make sure it wasn't stolen would anger Mike. JustSmug loves the drama.  I feel for her children.  

I thought that the car dealership guy said the car was titled in Justine's name? 

On 12/2/2022 at 11:48 PM, Back Atcha said:

I think Mark is not okay mentally (perhaps never has been) ...

He has a Phil Spector vibe.

On 12/3/2022 at 10:20 AM, sempervivum said:
On 12/2/2022 at 9:47 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

He looks just like her, imo.

I wonder if she was a teen mom.  She doesn’t look old enough to have a 30-year-old son.

On 12/4/2022 at 11:09 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I think Mar-K believes he'll come off like a rich playboy on the show.  Instead he is creepy and disgusting.  He expects us to be wowed by the attractive inmates he's pulling in.  Of course, the rest of us know they are inmates who are generally okay having anyone to talk to, especially if they'll send money. We're supposed to be impressed by him. No one is.  He is weird, off-putting, self-important, and assured of his own superiority.

Especially. His. Own. Mother !!!

• Love 1