Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Big Pitch

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

I liked the idea of pairing them with an experienced chef from the same niche, but I would've liked that introduced somewhere at the halfway point. Use the first episodes to learn about their cooking, strength and weaknesses and then work with someone at a point where it can make a bigger difference to their competition output, not just before the final, when they have planned the dishes already.

Danielle - is that brunch, or just sticky buns? She is good, but to chose that for the finale of a brunch themed show?
Congrats Daniel, a well deserved winner.

Do we know how well this is doing for HBO? What are the chances of a second season? Personally, I am not yearning for one, just curious.

• Love 2

I liked all three and Daniel has been the clear winner since early on. He is a bit of a cooking savant and his story, his purpose, makes him someone you to invest in.

I will likely order scones from the Hungry Gnome, but I will get cantonese dumplings from a place a mile from my home. Daniel's restaurant, I will visit if I ever go to the Richmond area.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 1
On 11/24/2022 at 12:31 PM, Aulty said:

I liked the idea of pairing them with an experienced chef from the same niche, but I would've liked that introduced somewhere at the halfway point.

I felt like I was watching an episode of Shark Tank.  Then J saying she'd use her money...for a cookbook?  I was so confused.

• Like 1

Then J saying she'd use her money...for a cookbook?

I believe J always wanted to write a cookbook. She saw it as a way to tell her story widely and share her cuisine. Since there are loads of folks who want to do that,  Shirley suggested to focus on taking the dumplings wide first (for profit and reputation). Shirley's been around, she's not entirely wrong--just an odd time to reposition on the fly.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

This show is so hip it is almost excruciating! The hip piano jazz, the hipster cocktails, the hip patter about the judges' dinners and parties. I think we spent more time watching the judges order drinks and talk about their uber hip lives than we did watching the contestants cook. ... ... Having said that, I would still probably watch a second season! 🤣

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 1/4/2023 at 10:12 AM, TVbitch said:

This show is so hip it is almost excruciating! The hip piano jazz, the hipster cocktails, the hip patter about the judges' dinners and parties. I think we spent more time watching the judges order drinks and talk about their uber hip lives than we did watching the contestants cook. ... ... Having said that, I would still probably watch a second season! 🤣

I love jazz trios, but here it felt like it was pushing the "look! they're starting to cook!" a bit too much.

Absolutely would watch a second season as well.

• Like 1