Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Look At What We Have Here

dubbel zout
  • Start Topic

I don't know why TV writers have such difficulty with the concept atheists don't pray, even when really stressed, but it is sweet that what Jen prayed for was only for Judy to be okay, she didn't even mention any of the myriad other shitty things she's facing right now.

Expressing sympathy to the doctor for having to deliver terrible news is so very Judy.  As is lying to Jen that she's okay.

I loved Jen with Steve & Ben's mom; it's all just so awkward yet sweet.

And, yes, they finally got the bird back!  But then the FBI agent was there when Jen took out the trash, so ...

• Like 1
  • Love 5

"Seasons in the Sun" took me straight back to sixth grade.

What was the point of fixing the bird only to burn it? I didn't understand that.

On 11/21/2022 at 2:49 PM, Bastet said:

I don't know why TV writers have such difficulty with the concept atheists don't pray, even when really stressed

Nuance is dead.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What was the point of fixing the bird only to burn it? I didn't understand that.

When Ben asked Judy for help fixing it, she couldn't very well say "Oh, don't bother -- that's what Jen killed your brother with, and the tail is in his dead skull, so we're just going to destroy it as soon as you give it back to Henry".

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 11/26/2022 at 12:53 PM, dubbel zout said:

I guess that works as long as Ben doesn't follow up with Henry about it.

They could give Henry one of the other identical birds that Ben had bought a bunch of. He would be none the wiser and the new bird wouldn't have Steve's DNA on it.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 1
On 12/3/2022 at 10:24 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

Garret Dillahunt played Linda Cardellini's ex.

Thanks, I knew he looked familiar but couldn't place him. (I always try to remember names and where I know the actor from before I take the easy way out and look it up on IMDB.) But I didn't watch the later seasons of ER so don't remember him in that. I mainly know him from The 4400, which was on about the same time as he appeared in ER.