Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Villains

Trini
  • Start Topic

After her latest mission unearths some startling information about Xiao, Nicky and the team devise a plan to deal with her once and for all. Althea gives Evan some advice on his relationship with Nadia, and Jin prepares for his first interview.

Joe Menendez directed the episode written by John Bring.

Airdate: 11/16/2022

Okay, I am little confused.  The whole idea was to use the magic sword to extract Xiao from Pei-Ling's body and it looked like it worked, but now Pei-Ling is back to being Xiao again?  Was it because Bo smashed the glowing rock?  If so, how did Xiao already find Pei-Ling again?  Or was it all because Nicky only used the sword halfway through the transition, so part of Xiao was still in there?  Ugh, magic can be so frustrating!

Also, if Sebastian claims he was still conscious during the time Xiao possessed him, then he would know about Bo being in league with her, since they had that conversation, right?  Or does he not have all of his memories yet and only remembers the emotional parts and that Xiao hurt Ryan while possessing him?

Getting a kick out of how everyone is already so chill about Zhilan being a part of the group now and are even inviting her to family dinner now.  I guess a little bit of murderous rampage shouldn't be a reason to not be hospitable!  Did like the scene between her and Pei-Ling.

The Althea/Evan duo continues to be one I never knew how much I wanted until now.  Both the case snooping and Althea making sure Evan doesn't blow things with Nadia because if anyone would be capable of it, it would be him (still love him though!)

• Love 3

So glad for Zhilan to be out of the wasteland and back to interacting with everybody. Glad she finally made up with Pei Ling. I assume that Bo smashing that glowing thing released Xiao. Unlike in the library, where the runes trapped her, she was able to go wherever, and I guess she homed in on Pei Ling pretty quickly. I enjoyed Sebastian getting to help at the library; his story at the restaurant has been so frustrating.

I want to know how Xiao became Bo's shifu. Like where is he actually from, and how did she contact him? How did she give him the swords and make him meet Nicky?

• Love 4

Great -- now Mei Li is also a Special?! Where does it end, show??

I did appreciate them incorporating Sebastian into A-plot (even though I'm still not a fan of the magic stuff); but -ugh- why have that mess up him and Ryan?

I missed Dennis, but Althea and Evan make a good platonic duo.

"Even I got an invite." - LOL at Zhilan still getting in zingers! Compared to the pilot, he Pei Ling and Zhilan relationship has done a complete 180º! There are a few other shows that should could take notes from Zhilan's redemption arc. a) She actually got punished for her crimes, b) actually felt remorse, c) apologized directly to those she has wronged, d) and has tried to do better going forward.

I'm guessing that Pei Ling will have to sacrifice herself to kill Xiao for good.

Definitely going to need more info/backstory on Bo. I hope we get it - like, before the finale.

• Love 3

I was so relieved that Pei Ling was FINALLY free of The Alchemist, and then she was back within 10 minutes.  Kind of frustrating, especially how they let Bo "hide" the blade.   Why do they always need to have Pei Ling go psycho when Mei Li is around.  I like their scenes together and it's always ruined.

I liked the scene with Zhilan and Pei Ling as well.  I agree that her redemption was actually handled well.  

It was cute to see Althea helping Evan with his relationship, but I thought his girlfriend worked at the practice too?  Althea's bird watching distractor was fun.

I also enjoyed seeing Sebastian as part of the team, though that went south real fast.  That was clever how they had Bo switch the plates when Seb/Alchemist distracted Ryan by kissing him (I'm assuming that's what happened).  

I hope Nicky gets a clue about Bo soon.  I thought he would finally be found out in this one, but nope.

• Love 4

I really liked the scenes between Zhilan and Pei Ling, I really do think the show has handled her redemption really well. Unlike a lot of rather half assed redemptions, she actually got a punishment for her evil actions, showed real remorse beyond how her actions have affected her, and has been trying to apologize and make amends with the people she's hurt. It is still hilarious how chill the whole family is about inviting the woman who tried to murder all of them over for dinner, although I don't really blame them, Zhilan's probably a great dinner party guest. "Even I got an invite to Shen family dinner." 

Magic is so confusing, I was unsure about how exactly Pei Ling got possessed again, but I guess it was right after Sebastian spit her out and the runes were gone. I hope that they can manage to get Pei Ling exorcised for good and she doesn't end up having to die to destroy The Alchemist for good, I like her being around, she adds a new dynamic to the show. 

Since Sebastian was conscious for everything that happened while he was possessed, does he remember that Bo is the Reaper? Or does he only have fuzzy memories of everything that didn't involve Ryan? The kiss as distraction was pretty clever, I didn't catch it but its obvious in retrospect. It was fun having Sebastian in on the action, even if it went poorly. 

I missed Dennis but Althea and Evan are a really fun friendship duo, it was sweet how they both gave each other some much needed advice. Althea and the bird watcher was also funny, that guy seemed so psyched to meet a fellow birder. 

I hope we get Bo's backstory and how he ended up in the service of Xiao. Is he a descendant of hers? Did he stumble across some magic thing that connected them?

• Love 2