Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: More Than You'll Ever Know

• Start Topic

Loved seeing her origin story. The young actress is doing such a great job. I didn't know the mom would sacrifice herself right away until Eleanor was getting worse. Kind of horrifying to see the dad's first kill.

13 hours ago, Valny said:

Loved seeing her origin story. The young actress is doing such a great job. I didn't know the mom would sacrifice herself right away until Eleanor was getting worse. Kind of horrifying to see the dad's first kill.

Yeah Mark's first kill was grim! and horrifying! and realistic because he panicked like most decent people would.

I guessed that Ellie's mom would sacrifice herself to keep Ellie alive. Especially after Mark told Naomi that her death "wasn't good" I was like -- yup Ellie sucked her blood!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Didn't Ellie tell Isaiah that she had never killed anyone? So Mom was a technicality? She did it to herself, Ellie just helped clean up? I guess I can see why she wouldn't want to tell Isaiah about that particular incident though.

We've also seen that once vampires hit a certain point of hunger they will go feral and attack anyone nearby. But it seems if they aren't able to feed they will become passive again. I guess this makes sense but I also feel like this is to allow Ellie and Mom to have a tender moment together rather than Mom getting ripped apart before she can resign herself to her fate.

I loved that little moment where they took a box of crucifixes and garlic out of the house. But now that they have introduced the idea that garlic might be something for a vampire to avoid I hope they come back to it considering Mark is a chef and must work with it all the time. Wasn't garlic a part of the simple dish he showed Naomi how to make? In any case, they should already know there are some things about vampire lore that are not gospel. For example, Ellie does show up in mirrors. And we haven't seen her or any other vampire turn into a bat yet.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Well, the backstory was sort of interesting, although I feel like the show is losing some momentum. 

Interesting that Zeke turned out to be the vampire expert. Apparently in this world, if a vampire enters without being invited they bleed out. In most stories they simply cannot enter. But this raises a couple of questions. Why would Ellie need to be invited into her own home, and why didn't someone need to invite her into her hospital room after she turned?

I wasn't clear on who or what Mark was looking for going door to door. That he ultimately wound up at the Logan estate made me think he was following up on other reported animal attacks trying to find the culprit. But I don't know where he got the info to go searching.

This is overall a very sad story and it's getting harder to watch. It was probably better off as a movie.

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Why would Ellie need to be invited into her own home, and why didn't someone need to invite her into her hospital room after she turned?

I can't speak for every vampire story, but based on my memories from other vampire stories a vampire would need to be invited into a residence by someone who lives there, even if the vampire lived there when they were alive. A hospital is not a residence, so no invitation is needed. The same goes for other public buildings. Abandoned residences also don't require an invitation. Basically if someone lives in a place a vampire needs an invitation to enter. Anywhere else they can enter uninvited.

• Love 1
On 11/24/2022 at 10:36 AM, iMonrey said:

Interesting that Zeke turned out to be the vampire expert. Apparently in this world, if a vampire enters without being invited they bleed out. In most stories they simply cannot enter. But this raises a couple of questions. Why would Ellie need to be invited into her own home, and

That is taken - literally - from the original book/ movie. Even though this is called "Let The Right One In" - it is very loosely based on that story.

I gave up any expectations of this particular show following the book/movie and am liking it better. Or should I say - I am liking it for what it is trying to be.

The character of Mark intrigues me. And the actor is killing it (pun intended!) He murders to keep his child alive and it is killing him on the inside!

I wasn't so sure about that whole side story with Claire and her brother Peter until they showed that Ellie and Peter had met 10 years ago when they both became vampires'.  I am looking forward to those two meeting again.

I can NOT even guess where this show is going so each week I am like - whoa! Didn't see that coming! Haha!