Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Rendezvous

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

It's been a month since the last episode, and Cal continues to look worse.  And the cancer is not responding to the treatment.
Cal's prognosis is he will die in days not weeks.  I'm thinking that somehow the Omega Sapphires will somehow fix Cal.

Jared has been thinking about the Registry job offer for over a month.  Seriously ?

It's Zeke/Mick's 3rd wedding anniversary, complete with a big family dinner with Jared.  Cal wants a drink of champagne, but Ben says no -- come on ben, Cal could be dead in a few days cut him some slack.

And they all have a group calling while toasting -- they are all back on Flight 828, including Zeke, Olive and Jared who were never on the plane (but didn't remember being in the calling).
The calling involved Thomas the stowaway.

Eagen steals several tiles from the Masonic temple.  They weren't guarded or anything.

Saanvi and Mick spot a moving compass on Ben's board, and follow it to Thomas the stowaway used to hide -- and run into Eagen.
And the guy working at the soup kitchen, Leo, that found Eagen stealing stuff is Thomas's significant other.

The compass changes direction and points to the heart that Thomas drew on the wall -- and after tearing down the drywall it reveals tiles that correspond to the tiles that Eagen was stealing from the temple.
Seriously, we're going back to the Tarot card deck.  FFS !!

Eagen: "Logan and I were cellies in prison."
Mick: "Logan Strickland the 828er ?"
Eagen: "No, Logan Strickland the Pilates instructor. Yes, the 828er. He told me all about the compass."
Mick: "He said it was a family heirloom, but he didn't really paint the big picture."
Eagen: "Well, I got the extended dance version.  Great-Grandpa Arnodl, the first famed compass owner, was also a Freemason. And one of the buildings he worked on was the lodge next door, AKA the Masonic Temple of the Omega Order."

Jared and Zeke play good cop/bad cop to convince an ALNI staffer to release Marko to their custody.

Marko becomes more responsive in Cal's presence, and wants to draw something, which turns out to be a volcano. The missing Tarot tile.
Mick flicks a lighter in the triangle/volcano shaped grate at the bottom of the wall, igniting the wall and revealing an Egyptian carving behind the bricks that contains -- the Omega Sapphire.

Which triggers an earthquake that traps Leo, and Thomas shows up drawn by a calling.  
Seriously, there are way too many callings in this show.

Of course Eagen bolts with the Omega Sapphire.  Turns out the carving was the goddess Maat.

Meanwhile Eden leaves a smartphone with an open call under the couch, probably to Angelina.

TJ decides to play Tarot cards with Olive -- and she picks the Death card. Dun, dun, dun dun !!!!

Saanvi takes Leo to Dr. Alex Bates to treat Leo and has a calling about ashes falling -- not coincidentally, the volcano snowglobe that they gave to Marko turns red and explodes while he is being returned and Marko has a calling about falling ashes.  While Eagen also has a calling about falling ashes.

And we are back to the group calling about being on the plane -- and the plane is on fire and being consumed by lava, which leads Mick to state that the death date isn't just for 828ers.  The death date is for everyone -- how she jumped to that conclusion we will never know.  They have been seeing volcanoes/lava off and on for the past 4 seasons -- why does it suddenly now mean Armageddon for the entire planet ?

The Omega sapphire glows in Eagen's hands as Mick asks him to give it to her, then Eagen disappears from the calling and is next seen unconscious on the floor -- without the Omega sapphire in his hand.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Hmm... I wonder which annoying psycho clobbered Eagen on the head and stole the sapphire?   

They only took a few crayons from Eden and she had the rest of the box.  Why did Ben have to give her the phone to play with?  It is so frustrating!

"Manifest" should be re-titled "Mani-coincidences".  

Thanks, Calling, for leading us to the sapphire!  But no thanks, Calling, for sending the most opportunistic passenger to find it.   Maybe the Callings can't decide whether they want the entire world to be destroyed or not, so they're just waiting to see which side will win to determine the outcome.  

It was nice to see Thomas the stow-away reunited with his lost love, though we hardly got to see Thomas at all, which was a shame.  That was one of the more memorable plotlines in Season 1.  

I'm glad TJ is back, but was the actor only available to film for a few days, so they stuck him in the attic?  Why wasn't he at the anniversary dinner?  I mean, they invited the awkward third wheel.

TJ, having someone pick a Tarot card is never going to make anyone feel better.

The Registry sure gave Jared a lot of time to decide.  He regularly visits his old friends the Stones and he thinks he can realistically pretend to be a 828 hater?

Having Marco make another appearance was nice, too.  Eden got the volcano Callings ages ago.  Keep up, people.  

How did Eagen know to remove and then keep all those roman numerals from atop the door?  

LOL that the show thinks they need to ramp up the stakes by having the entire planet possibly experiencing an apocalypse because the 828-ers having a death date wasn't enough.  

I think I might go ahead and watch the remaining episode tonight.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Fire 1

National Treasure 3?    Where’s Ben Franklins special glasses? 

I’ve read that the Death  doesn’t actually mean Death.  As TJ said, it means transformation or change.  

I didn't think that Eden answered the unknown phone call on Ben’s phone, but maybe she did. 

37 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

National Treasure 3?    Where’s Ben Franklins special glasses? 

I’ve read that the Death  doesn’t actually mean Death.  As TJ said, it means transformation or change.  

I didn't think that Eden answered the unknown phone call on Ben’s phone, but maybe she did. 

I thought Eden actually called Angelina. They showed her pushing buttons on the phone, and then put it down with an open call. And that was how Angelina learned about the sapphire. 

I know that's kind of ridiculous and doesn't make sense, but it's Manifest. And my friend's 2-year-old learned the code to unlock their ipad after seeing her do it once, so I could by Eden could have learned a phone number. The question is, how does Angelina still have a phone?

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Applause 1
8 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I thought Eden actually called Angelina. They showed her pushing buttons on the phone, and then put it down with an open call. 

Yeah, it would have been really easy.   The "Missed call" notification could have been there and Eden could have clicked on that and then it dialed Angelina. 

The question is, how does Angelina still have a phone?

Angelina can clearly do the impossible, so that would be easy for her.  Maybe it's her parents' phone or she stole one off someone she pushed down the stairs.  How did she even find Eagen that quickly?

Edited by Camera One
18 hours ago, Camera One said:

Hmm... I wonder which annoying psycho clobbered Eagen on the head and stole the sapphire?   

Rhetorical question, right?😉

18 hours ago, Camera One said:

I think I might go ahead and watch the remaining episode tonight.  

Yeah. Starting now.

• Love 1
On 11/6/2022 at 11:10 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Cal wants a drink of champagne, but Ben says no -- come on ben, Cal could be dead in a few days cut him some slack.

Next scene Ben is suggesting morphine, but champagne is a no-no?