Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Stand in Your Truth

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think Ashley was driving through a planned recent "build all at once" subdivision. Arlington's original subdivisions were mostly completed by the 1970s, and now the McMansions are replacing these old houses one by one. Indeed there are some Arlington subdivisions (now referred to officially by their civic association names) that have a lot of these replacement McMansions; about half of my 1920s - 1940s subdivision is now McMansions. There has also been a lot of condo/townhouse development in the transportation corridors.

But the main thing that caught my eye about Ashley's drive-through was the relatively large lots and wide streets, which are rare in Arlington.

Yeah, wide lots and few trees. That definitely looked like some of the Loudoun County subdivisions.  Arlington has areas that are bulldozed like this?

21 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think Ashley was driving through a planned recent "build all at once" subdivision. Arlington's original subdivisions were mostly completed by the 1970s, and now the McMansions are replacing these old houses one by one. Indeed there are some Arlington subdivisions (now referred to officially by their civic association names) that have a lot of these replacement McMansions; about half of my 1920s - 1940s subdivision is now McMansions. There has also been a lot of condo/townhouse development in the transportation corridors.

But the main thing that caught my eye about Ashley's drive-through was the relatively large lots and wide streets, which are rare in Arlington.

Maybe Falls Church