Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E08: Dough, Ray, and Me

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

"Everyone knows the sourdough starter is alive. But the question remains: is it horny?" Never change, Krieger.

Gotta appreciate the fakeout in everyone working in Slater's patisserie in the opening. When Slater talked about a mole on the inside, I knew it had to be Ray.

"Miss Kane...you are my supervisor." We waited so long for this, but of course Cheryl instantly forgot.  Of course.

So the season ends with The Agency in Lana's hands, Slater's patisserie exploded, and Fabian given over the Interpol and felled by a spider bite. So...what's next? I guess we'll find out.

• Like 1

Great ending, though I don't know how much longer the series can go. Part of me just wants to time-skip to Agent AJ trying to find her parents. I mean, I'm keep riding with the series, and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia keeps chugging along . . . so why break from going into new statuses quo every season? Maybe they'll get an actual name for their agency.

Of course, new status quo will mean a new pain in the ass ruining every other episode. With Fabian is custody, Slater foiled and Robert in the cornfield (one can hope), we'll probably get another nemesis. Or maybe the marketing twerps will . . . .I dunno . . . team with Noah and Other Barry to form a cabal. I'll probably be happy no matter what.

One thing . . . is Malory ever going to die? I know it sounds weird, but the main characters have talked about her as if she's still alive. I don't know if we would require confirmation of that. Lana officially taking the chair probably seals the changing of the guard, and that's probably for the best. Not like we need a funeral sequence where Archer acts like a responsible adult for five straight minutes. He's good with commandeering vehicles, getting soused and being an asshole.

• Like 1
On 10/12/2022 at 9:50 PM, Lantern7 said:

Maybe they'll get an actual name for their agency.

They had a name when it started. 

*Two* times this episode - 'fucking muffins'. I think we all knew Ray was the mole. 

Archer again had a good plan, and everyone really took it up a notch. Selfishness aside, I think Archer was sincere to Lana in the end, and Mother would have been proud. 

• Like 1

I loved this episode and I felt this was one of their strongest seasons overall. I'm once again shocked that Archer came up with a good plan and stuck to it. 

I'm not surprised he made Lana the leader, he always had an Oedipus Complex 😆

I feel like the show is winding up to a Final Season, it just seems to fit at this point. 

• Like 1

I feel like the show is winding up to a Final Season, it just seems to fit at this point. 

For some reason I thought this was the final season and this episode was the show's finale. Now I guess I'm looking forward to seeing how Lana works as Malory 2.0.