Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E00: Ready to Ride

Lantern7
  • Start Topic

Got my fingers crossed this will be a good one.  

Never have I been called a hopeless romantic ... but I'm hoping Tori and Jordan can put it back together.   It seems like there may still be some strong emotions on both sides (although where Jordan's relationship with Nia fits in, I have no idea).

My one complaint about the rookies ... they all look like they walked out of the same magazine.   Not only are 99% of them very attractive but they all seem to be the same age, with the same hair, the same makeup ...

It left me thinking that if the Real World and Road Rules originals who populated this show for more than thirty seasons were able to time-travel and audition for The Challenge today, they probably wouldn't get a call-back because they don't have "the look." 

I look forward to seeing Turbo have his ass handed to him by someone, anyone, even if it's just Nany.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2

Yeah, it doesn't look like Turbo has gotten any more reasonable with age.  I still don't understand how Aneesa and Jordan are ride or dies, but whatever.  I think it was just an excuse to get Jordan in the game and freak out Tori.  And it looks like mission accomplished.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bunnyface said:

I still don't understand how Aneesa and Jordan are ride or dies, but whatever.  I think it was just an excuse to get Jordan in the game and freak out Tori.  And it looks like mission accomplished.

From what I read earlier, and I can't recall where, Jordan was supposed to be teamed with Nia but she had a "health scare" and canceled, so they brought in Aneesa.   Which is why I was giving the side-eye when they were explaining how they were each other's "ride or die."  (I expect that by the time this season is finished, we will never again want to hear the phrase "ride or die.")

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, millennium said:

(I expect that by the time this season is finished, we will never again want to hear the phrase "ride or die.")

Already there.  lol

ETA:  Wait!  The plan was to bring NIA and really, REALLY rub it in Tori's face?  That's Bananas level douchery right there.

Edited by bunnyface
Additional H.S. moment.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bunnyface said:

Already there.  lol

ETA:  Wait!  The plan was to bring NIA and really, REALLY rub it in Tori's face?

Hard to say.  Fessy's there too this season, and I seem to recall that Tori took off for a weekend with Fessy before she and Jordan officially broke up -- that might even have been the final straw.   So Fessy may be to Jordan what Nia might have been to Tori.   Perhaps the producers believe in leveling out the douchery. 

1 hour ago, bunnyface said:

That's Bananas level douchery right there.

He would take that as a compliment, lol.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, millennium said:

Hard to say.  Fessy's there too this season, and I seem to recall that Tori took off for a weekend with Fessy before she and Jordan officially broke up -- that might even have been the final straw.   So Fessy may be to Jordan what Nia might have been to Tori.  

Oh my.  I don't follow any of these people off-screen, so only know what I might run across here or there.  But yeah...anybody going anywhere with Fessy at any time is totally deserving of a shunning.  Blech.  

On 10/11/2022 at 6:39 AM, bunnyface said:

I still don't understand how Aneesa and Jordan are ride or dies, but whatever.  I think it was just an excuse to get Jordan in the game and freak out Tori.  And it looks like mission accomplished.

21 hours ago, millennium said:

From what I read earlier, and I can't recall where, Jordan was supposed to be teamed with Nia but she had a "health scare" and canceled, so they brought in Aneesa.   Which is why I was giving the side-eye when they were explaining how they were each other's "ride or die."  (I expect that by the time this season is finished, we will never again want to hear the phrase "ride or die.")

Looks like the cast members didn't really get to choose.

Johnny make like Nany but doubtful she'd be his first choice for a partner.

Same with Darrell being paired with Veronica or Jordan with Aneesa.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, aghst said:

Johnny make like Nany but doubtful she'd be his first choice for a partner.

It may be that she's the first choice of the group of people that were willing to be his partner LOL

• LOL 3

I couldn't watch too much because of my loathing of Bananas, but:  Jordan's hair?  I finally right before writing this figured out what it reminded me of--the messed up hair of my "Tearie Dearie" doll which I had in the early 1960s, which was passed down to my sister in the early 1970s (she rechristened her "Ratchuk" which...matched her matted hair by then).  

It's like if a mohawk and a mullet had a baby and it was the type of baby that a doctor friend of my parents', when asked to admire someone's not-cute offspring, would say, "Wow, that IS a baby!"

These six:  "We are so amazing! We are part of TJ's big twist!"

TJ's twist:  "I'm feeling friendly!"  

Yeah.  Big.

Edited by Jobiska
  • LOL 5