Type keyword(s) to search

Questions and Answers: Huh? Did I Miss Something?

Bali
  • Start Topic

There are so many weird "Huh? What did I miss moments" that I decided that it deserves its own category.

Mine is- are Hope and Doc divorced or married. I thought they were divorced, but the show keeps referring to her as his wife. So I'm confused. 

I quit this nonsense after season three. Absolutely ridiculous storylines. Pregnancies that last longer than the ice age. Snail-pace timing and unlikeable characters.  I could go on. What a freakin’ dumb show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, limecoke said:

I quit this nonsense after season three. Absolutely ridiculous storylines. Pregnancies that last longer than the ice age. Snail-pace timing and unlikeable characters.  I could go on. What a freakin’ dumb show.

It's sort of like a train wreck.   You just have to see what happens.  Or doesn't.

I was super confused over Doc having this magical grandson when the show made it clear he and Hope never had kids. Then they give him this magical retcon son who he had no clue about, but whoops it turns out he's dead so we can't meet him! Then there's the question of Brie and why she seems to be Jack's only living sibling when he referenced having multiple sisters with multiple kids between them in early season 1. Then there's the utter insanity of the Paige plot with her dead ex and his psycho twin brother. If the brother wants revenge, why didn't he just kill Paige or force her to confess to his brother's murder? Finally I keeping harping on this but why on Earth did this show have Mel read Tara's eulogy to her dead mother when it was established that Tara had other adult sisters? That was beyond ridiculous. Why wouldn't one of Tara's adult sisters read the eulogy instead? It honestly felt like this show didn't want any possibility of Melanie being upstaged by another actress. When Brie revealed that she had been raped, I fully expected Melanie to tearfully one up Brie and say that she was gang raped at a frat party while "In Bloom" by Nirvana played.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 4

I just started watching this after a few months break. My “huh…did I miss something??”:

We’ve spent nearly 4 seasons vaguely referencing Jack’s ptsd and NOW suddenly he has a dead(?) brother. Did I miss that in some earlier episode?

On 1/3/2023 at 4:16 AM, methodwriter85 said:

When Brie revealed that she had been raped, I fully expected Melanie to tearfully one up Brie and say that she was gang raped at a frat party while "In Bloom" by Nirvana played.

💯 me, too! Like literally everything else on this show, I wait on tenterhooks for the inevitable “..I, too, have experienced X, but, of course, it was also Y and Z, thus much worse than you.”

On 1/6/2023 at 10:32 PM, dreadfulLeigh said:

We’ve spent nearly 4 seasons vaguely referencing Jack’s ptsd and NOW suddenly he has a dead(?) brother. Did I miss that in some earlier episode?

Jack mentioned early in the show that he has a bunch of sisters with a lot of kids between them, so he was used to babies. 

On 10/5/2022 at 3:48 AM, Bali said:

There are so many weird "Huh? What did I miss moments" that I decided that it deserves its own category.

Mine is- are Hope and Doc divorced or married. I thought they were divorced, but the show keeps referring to her as his wife. So I'm confused. 

There are some flaws in the storyline. I was wondering what happened to Tucker the dog? In season 3 Charmaine gave the dog back to Jack, then Preacher and Christopher had him, but in season 4 there was no mention of the dog. 

On 7/9/2023 at 7:50 AM, nlkm9 said:

Ok so here is my question- who is chloes father? I assumed it was buck, but googles a few times and it said jack? Is that possible??

Chloe's father is Lilly's husband.  I can't recall his name, but Buck sounds right.  It is not Jack.  Buck died recently before Chloe was born, which is one of the reasons why Lilly was so depressed and gave Chloe up.  

This is more of a refresher question, and maybe the answer to my question is in the last 6 episodes as I have only watched four so far. I am trying to remember what happened to the rich guy who swept Charmaine off her feet and wanted to take care of her and her babies? That relationship went from zero to ten very quickly. But she is alone again, and I can't remember why? Also when Jack went to see her, she was still living in the big house but talking about going back to hairdressing after the babies are born. Surely Charmaine didn't end up with the big house after only being in a months long relationship with the rich guy? Can't remember if they married, but even if they did it seems a stretch that she would come out of it so well off?