Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot

• Start Topic

John Weir navigates the twisting, turning universe of deception as both a victim and master. But after what appears to be another successful day on the job, his world is blown to pieces.

Dropping March 26, 2023

Edited by Dani

I thought it got interesting but took a little too long to get there. The opening pointed to more than just a straight conspiracy thriller and they didn’t deliver on that so it felt a little flat and confusing at times. But it was still a pretty good pilot. Kiefer Sutherland feels really in his element in this kind of story. 

Ok, Weir professionally screws people over in order to obtain desired results for his clients. Presumably, some of his methods are illegal, so  Madi is some sort of LEO who is out to get him.

Suddenly, the tables are turned and somebody very powerful and ruthless (but we don't know who) and for reasons of their own (but we don't know why) is playing his own type of game against him. Only far more dangerous and ruthless. Ruthless enough to have  Homm killed. To make Valence jump off a tall building. To blow up his office and all his team.

Now Weir has to keep out of the hands of law enforcement (but true to form, Madi will probably turn out to be sympathetic), figure out who has taken this action against him, find out why and obtain proof of this in order to secure his own exoneration.

Hey, I think this could be good! Providing they don't ruin it with crap dialogue and silly plot.

• Like 2

Just finished the first episode, and I feel thoroughly confused and lost.  Like the feeling I had about how stupid I was when I saw the first "Mission Impossible" in the theatre.  I'm going to have to go looking for a recap online which tells me exactly what happened.

The overall plot, I get it.  John runs some kind of "consulting" firm that manufactures evidence and scenarios that paints a picture of the desired outcome for his clients.  Like how someone paid his firm to create the appearance of some kind of illicit exchange between the Treasury Department official and that flinty woman.

Now he finds he is being framed for two murders, and he's on the run to try and figure out who is behind it.

That I get.  The part I am confused about is that I feel like there's too many characters and not enough explanation as of yet.  The guy he was talking with that ended up falling off the building, who was that?  What was his role in all of this?  Was he the one that paid John to arrange for the photos of the exchange of documents between Treasury guy and Flinty woman?  Who is the FBI lady that seems to have some history with John?  She was the one he called, right?  Who is the woman from the bar and how is she involved?

4 hours ago, blackwing said:

The guy he was talking with that ended up falling off the building, who was that?  What was his role in all of this?

That is explained in future episodes but I hate to break it to you, but this show gets more confusing not less! Lol

• Like 1

I was hoping they wouldn't do flashbacks like they seem to do in nearly every show these days. They are nearly always boring, unnecessary filler (as is the case here) and I'm sick of them. I always just can't wait till they're over and we get on with the story.

• Like 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Pike Ludwell said:

I always just can't wait till they're over and we get on with the story.

One of the many, many things I loved about 24 is that the format prevented any flashbacks, flash forwards, or flash-sideways into alternate timelines. 

Edited by marinw
  • Like 3