Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E28: Michael Moore; Jonathan Lemire; Vivek Ramaswamy

• Start Topic

Bill seems to think those immigrants are goinG to be better off in Martha’s Vineyard.

Number one, Florida is not a border state.

Number two, they were lied to, promised jobs and food.

Number three, not sure about the group sent to Martha’s Vineyard, which isn’t a sanctuary city, but many of these people are applying for asylum and would have to return to TX at some point to have the court adjudicate their asylum applications.  So many of them could be screwed, unable to make their way back.

Number four, De Santis spent stAte money that he might not have Been allowed to spend for this purpose.

Everyone treats him like the golden boy but rememBer conservatives loved Chis Christie Because he was often telling reporters and liberals to shut up?  The he pulled that little stunt with tHe traffic jams and shutting down bridges.  His presidential campaign went nowhere.

Being an asshOle to own the libs plays well to the MAGA base but not so much with others.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, aghst said:

That's the sticking point. I didn't know that until later on. That's the crux of the lawsuit along with the funds, as you point out in #4. Also he didn't send them during the summer in the peak season where there actually would be jobs. To be fair though, it is a little funny. I tend to think all these people being shipped around the country, those cities are going to get a good economic boost in the long run. 

I'm glad Michael Moore is optimistic, but I don't see big gains for Democrats coming up *unless* turnout is through the roof. I think the state races are more important anyway.

I didn't mind Ramaswamy on the panel, but I checked out on OT as soon as he pulled the Stacy Abrams 'both sides' nonsense.  And then went all the way back to Gore. Bill got *fired up* and tore him down hard. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I didn't mind Ramaswamy on the panel, but I checked out on OT as soon as he pulled the Stacy Abrams 'both sides' nonsense.  And then went all the way back to Gore. Bill got *fired up* and tore him down hard. 

What's worse, his BS dominated the full 15 minutes of OT, and they never got to any more questions. But yeah, I'm glad Bill caught his "whatabout-ism" (so common on the right) and put him in his place. Still wish Michael Moore had been on the panel. 

2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm glad Michael Moore is optimistic, but I don't see big gains for Democrats coming up *unless* turnout is through the roof.

ITA, and good luck finding five people to vote with me. It's lonely being a registered Democrat in Utah. 😢

Edited by arachne
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, aghst said:

Bill seems to think those immigrants are goinG to be better off in Martha’s Vineyard.

Number one, Florida is not a border state.

Number three, not sure about the group sent to Martha’s Vineyard, which isn’t a sanctuary city, but many of these people are applying for asylum and would have to return to TX at some point to have the court adjudicate their asylum applications.  So many of them could be screwed, unable to make their way back.

Number four, De Santis spent stAte money that he might not have Been allowed to spend for this purpose.

Everyone treats him like the golden boy but rememBer conservatives loved Chis Christie Because he was often telling reporters and liberals to shut up?  The he pulled that little stunt with tHe traffic jams and shutting down bridges.  His presidential campaign went nowhere.

Being an asshOle to own the libs plays well to the MAGA base but not so much with others.

Also...fun fact...the owner of the transport company that flew the asylum seekers to Martha's Vineyard is a huge donor to the GOP and to Ron DeSantis.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, arachne said:

What's worse, his BS dominated the full 15 minutes of OT, and they never got to any more questions. But yeah, I'm glad Bill caught his "whatabout-ism" (so common on the right) and put him in his place. Still wish Michael Moore had been on the panel. 

This is the second week in a row that someone brought up Abrams as a false equivalency. I think Bill just got really riled and wanted to bury the issue once and for all. The issue with the Abrams election was that her opponent was also in charge of the Georgia state elections, and he wouldn't like hand off any decisionmaking. I mean, come on. That said, sure, she should have conceded. That doesn't mean she can't say, 'hey, this really isn't right.' 

I don't see a problem with any candidate wanting to take some time to make sure the vote count is right just if only to show that literally every time it is. So make a law that says you get X days to do it, and that's it. Or, some states have automatic recounts if the tally is within n% of one another. Just widen that margin if you want. Again, though, you have to have a point where that's it. Or you have to apply and let a judge decide, like a warrant where the judge decides if there's probable cause. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

That's the sticking point. I didn't know that until later on. That's the crux of the lawsuit along with the funds, as you point out in #4. Also he didn't send them during the summer in the peak season where there actually would be jobs. To be fair though, it is a little funny. I tend to think all these people being shipped around the country, those cities are going to get a good economic boost in the long run. 

What part of it is a little funny?  And who are you being fair to?

• Love 2
On 9/24/2022 at 12:35 PM, arachne said:

What's worse, his BS dominated the full 15 minutes of OT, and they never got to any more questions. But yeah, I'm glad Bill caught his "whatabout-ism" (so common on the right) and put him in his place.

And he repeated his same whiny little points over and over and over again as if Bill would change his mind.  Bill should have cut him off and gone on to the next question after a couple of minutes max.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, grif305 said:

He was referring to the Canadian election of 1993.

But in the 1993 election the conservatives were split into two parties. The Progressive Conservatives (AKA Liberal Lites) got 2 seats, the Reform Party (further right Conservatives, the type Michael Moore seems to be concerned about) won 52 seats.

• Love 1