Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Peek and Shriek

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The high stakes governor election results in violence at the polls, causing multiple victims to arrive at Chastain. Conrad finds common ground with an aggressive patient, helping lead to a diagnosis for his outbursts. Meanwhile, when another patient’s lung collapses, the doctors find a serious root of the issue.

Airdate: 09/27/2022

On 9/23/2022 at 6:32 PM, jewel21 said:

Airdate: 09/27/2022

I always like when doctors go beyond the obvious.  I was told to never have back surgery because so much can go wrong so that story line made me worry.

"Peek and Shriek" referred to some bad mentoring by Leela followed by good mentoring by AJ. I think AJ was the standout person this episode, both medically and in dealing with Padma.  (I think that Padma was more sympathetic this episode but I'm  tired of dealing with her and her quirks.)

Kit is having a hard time dealing with Bell's MS and projecting all over the place. Go see a therapist. or at least a support group. With Bruce Greenwood off-screen, it looks like they are moving Billie into the friend/confident role for Kit. At least it gives Billie something to do since she's SOOL with Conrad.

I don't care about Cade and her drug addict father.

After watching the first episode of the new season of Transplant, I'd forgotten how bad the medicine on this show is. It's probably the best of the US medical shows but wow, is it unrealistic.

I guess we're in for the long haul with the new billionaire governor since you don't hire Steven Culp for a 'blink and you miss him' shot.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't care about Cade and her drug addict father.

Don’t know why exactly, nothing I could really put my finger on, but when Cade confided in Conrad about her father’s history with addiction it felt to me like both Cade and Ian would be leaving, probably together, by the end of the season. Maybe she’ll haul him off to rehab somewhere far from Atlanta. He’d probably want to go to Switzerland or something.

Padma continues to be annoying. OK, first of all, she probably wasn’t feeling much because the twins were sleeping or something. But if she’s really worried they haven’t been moving, would it not make more sense to call for help rather than sitting in the bathroom wailing? I know, pregnancy hormones, but she just comes across as such a drama queen. And bugging AJ to stick around for some stupid video when he’s just been paged?! Has she forgotten what he does for a living? Seems to me when a cardiothoracic surgeon is being paged there’s probably something more life-and-death for him to attend to than watching a video.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Devon and Billie being supportive to Kit, that’s lovely.

Leela mentoring Maya, please do it off screen. Not interested in both.

ConCade feels forced, lack of chemistry. Is Cade afraid of commitment? She can’t even stay the night.

Please give Billie another storylines, not pining for Conrad 24/7. She’s smarter than that.

Go away Padma! 🤬

• Love 2

I liked the Conrad/Billie elevator scene - I think he’s a lot more vulnerable with her but at the same time I also think so much of their relationship is explained through exposition. They barely shared scenes last season so the sudden best friendship seems out of nowhere and despite clearly leaning on her for emotional support I haven’t seen anything to suggest he likes her.

• Love 1

I don't know if I said this last week, but if I did it needs to be repeated: the new credits are horrible. Who thought that credit sequence would be a good thing?

Can we just have Padma on bed rest in the hospital for a little while, maybe her sister or AJ say "I am going to visit Padma, see you later" - but not have her on screen? Please?

I want to like Cade - mostly because Billie pining for Conrad is annoying... but she still has negative chemistry with Conrad. She has more chemistry with an IV pole than Conrad!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I agree about Padma and Cade characters.  They are very unlikable to me.  Is it on purpose?  Ugh…..I suppose there are characters that annoy us on every series.  With these two, it’s almost like the writers want to annoy with them.  They think that’s a good thing?  Idk.  I’m not enjoying the show so much these days.  

• Love 3