Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: King of the Narrow Sea

• Start Topic

Episode Synopsis:

After Rhaenyra cuts short her tour of Westeros, Daemon introduces the princess to the Street of Silk after dark.

Reminder: 

There is open air book talk here. If you are just watching the TV show and you don't want to stumble into any book talk you should leave now. Book Talk assumes you have read any of the related books to date. 

2 hours ago, Constantinople said:

Interesting that so far no one has mentioned that Laenor Velaryon is a confirmed bachelor.

Yes, if the princess wants an exciting sex life with her future husband...she will be sorely disappointed.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Constantinople said:

Interesting that so far no one has mentioned that Laenor Velaryon is a confirmed bachelor.

Is that widely known? I think everybody kinda knew that Lorace was "a sword swallower through and through", but is the same known about Laenor?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, PurpleTentacle said:

Is that widely known? I think everybody kinda knew that Lorace was "a sword swallower through and through", but is the same known about Laenor?

In the book? Yes.

The small council discussed the matter, but decided somehow it wasn't an issue.

When faced with this decision, Rhaenyra said she wouldn't marry Laenor because her half-brothers would be more to his taste. She only relented after her father said he'd name Aegon as heir if she didn't marry Laenor.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Useful 2

As long as Laenor Velaryon is able to father children it shouldn't matter if he has lovers on the side. As long as Rhaenyra drinks her moon tea there should be no reason she doesn't keep lovers on the side.

Having read the book I wonder if I want to watch this story play out. I will watch, of course, but I expect it to be painful.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Affogato said:

As long as Laenor Velaryon is able to father children it shouldn't matter if he has lovers on the side. As long as Rhaenyra drinks her moon tea there should be no reason she doesn't keep lovers on the side.

I'm still surprised that they didn't cast Strong as someone with Black ancestry. Because it was bad enough in the books when Rhaenyra (probably) had to reach back to Leanor's grandmother as the reason why her sons all had Black hair and brown eyes... but in the show when she keeps having 100% white babies, it won't just be stupid, it would be confusing. One of the few reasons why there's the element of doubt about her sons is that she had the Velaryons's unwavering support throughout the war and after, with Corlys personally seating Aegon III on the throne. If the show removes all element of doubt that Leanor was cuckolded, then their support makes no sense.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, ursula said:

I'm still surprised that they didn't cast Strong as someone with Black ancestry. Because it was bad enough in the books when Rhaenyra (probably) had to reach back to Leanor's grandmother as the reason why her sons all had Black hair and brown eyes... but in the show when she keeps having 100% white babies, it won't just be stupid, it would be confusing. One of the few reasons why there's the element of doubt about her sons is that she had the Velaryons's unwavering support throughout the war and after, with Corlys personally seating Aegon III on the throne. If the show removes all element of doubt that Leanor was cuckolded, then their support makes no sense.

Unless his inclinations are firmly entrenched and known to bis family.but still she really should make the effort. 

On 9/12/2022 at 12:14 PM, ursula said:

One of the few reasons why there's the element of doubt about her sons is that she had the Velaryons's unwavering support throughout the war and after, with Corlys personally seating Aegon III on the throne. If the show removes all element of doubt that Leanor was cuckolded, then their support makes no sense.

Laenor wasn’t a cuckold, he seemingly had no interest in sleeping with Rhaenyra and was fine claiming Harwin’s children as his own. The Velaryons appear to have accepted this situation and remedied the Driftmark inheritance issue by betrothing the two eldest boys to Laena’s daughters.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, SeanC said:

The Velaryons appear to have accepted this situation

Well it was either that or have their heads and/or tongues removed. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by ursula
  • LOL 1