Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: The Least Dangerous Game

• Start Topic

I feel like there must be some setup happening here to get Boimler and Mariner together. Last episode women were throwing themselves at Boims and he was annoyed by it. This episode, Tendi-in-a-towel sits on his bed and he doesn't even blink.

1 hour ago, dwmarch said:

I feel like there must be some setup happening here to get Boimler and Mariner together. Last episode women were throwing themselves at Boims and he was annoyed by it. This episode, Tendi-in-a-towel sits on his bed and he doesn't even blink.

Those girls (or others like them) probably throw themselves at Boimler all the time whenever he's home and he's sick of it.  He's the son of the raisin vineyard owner so they're all hoping to be Mrs. Bradford Boimler.  Boimler clearly hates the vineyard and life on it, so that's the last thing he wants.

Tendi is Broimler's friend.  She's also close to Rutherford.  Boimler isn't going to make a move on Tendi that would ruin their friendship or be a betrayal of Rutherform because Boimler is a decent guy.  I think Boimler/Mariner will be the endgame romance but I doubt it'll pop up all that soon.  For one thing I don't think Boimler could fall for someone who doesn't respect him as a man.  And Mariner has often said that she looks at Boimler as a pet.  My pick for the next Boimler romance/relationship would be T'Lyn from the Vulcan ship from episode 9 of last season.

It seems likely that she'll end up on the Cerritos.  I could see an emotionally available Vulcan falling for an OCD human like Boimler.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I knew K'ranch wasn't really going to kill Boimler when the captian dismissed the security team. It was still funny. K'ranch actually seems pretty cool: He gains the consent of his prey and is clear in why he does why he?(not sure of the gender) does, and he's down for brunch with the captian. Sort of like how serious martial artists are pretty chill when they're not fighting.

An obvious call back to "Justice". Ransome's vanity and endless working out actually paid off.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 1

Is Bold Boimler going to be a thing this season because I really like the idea of Bold Boimler  saying yes to things because it just reeks of hilarity.  I mean the hunter gag was hilarious in itself.  

I did appreciate that even though Ransom sent Rutherford. and Billups to the Wellness planet he did remember that Billups was an intentional virgin and warned him to be careful with the natives.  

I really don't want any of the core four to end up in a romance or to be end game.  I am hoping that even if they might date for an episode or two or end up losing their memory and having alien sex or something that they aren't end game.  I would much rather the end game they end up as is a upper deck crew in one form or another at the end of the show.  With Mariner being Captain and Boimler realizing he is meant to be a first officer and not a captain.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1
  • Love 1