Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Meta-Strategy

• Start Topic

Ugh.  She has a handsome, nice and apparently successful love interest but I can just tell the show is going to make a triangle and have her continuously pulled towards her British one night stand.  Even though he acts like a jerk, I'm afraid they're trying to set up his narrative that she's just pissed he forgot about their night together.

I actually prefer Dan, the outright douche, because it feels more honest. 

• Like 3

Yes, I’m losing interest fast if the dreaded love triangle is going to take the place of the lead being a badass attorney, which is why I showed any interest of this show. What a shame.

33 minutes ago, twoods said:

Yes, I’m losing interest fast if the dreaded love triangle is going to take the place of the lead being a badass attorney, which is why I showed any interest of this show.

It's very Grey's. Voice overs and all.

• Like 1
On 8/26/2022 at 2:05 PM, Irlandesa said:

Ugh.  She has a handsome, nice and apparently successful love interest but I can just tell the show is going to make a triangle and have her continuously pulled towards her British one night stand.  Even though he acts like a jerk, I'm afraid they're trying to set up his narrative that she's just pissed he forgot about their night together.

I actually prefer Dan, the outright douche, because it feels more honest. 

And the thing is, instead of showing this instant karmic connection between Ingrid and Murphy (except for the same flashback love scene), we’re told by Ingrid and the show there should be something still between them because of what happened in London, and  the rest of the show is spent trying to justify their supposed karmic connection 

• Love 3

The superrich guy is supposed to be so charming, but I find him kind of sleazy. His reticence, among other things, feels a bit calculated to me. I feel like there's another shoe that's going to drop somewhere down the line. He's too good to be true right now.

I do not love the idea of this focused on the love triangle.

And for now, I don't get the attraction. Her love interest is clearly cute and they can talk about philosophy together but otherwise I don't get what he sees in her. She's kind of always blowing him off to the point that when I watch it I think "Any normal guy would be like 'ok message received' and move on" so I don't get where she's SO attractive to him that he simply can't take no for an answer. When she's been keeping him at arm's length and canceling right and left on him. 

Rich guy from London seems like a douche and has been a douche to her at work. Although I get him confused with the Major Douche at work. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, memememe76 said:

I am only episode two, I am assuming the long racquetball scene exists for a reason.

And my response was about those two episodes.  You said only love interests and I was pointing out that his current love interest was black so there's at least on POC in the mix as of Ep. 2.

15 hours ago, memememe76 said:

I am only episode two, I am assuming the long racquetball scene exists for a reason.

I also felt that scene was out of place, but it may be trying to show Tyler building a friendship with someone else in the firm besides his two BFFs, and that not all white guys at the practice are douchey bros like Dan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1