Type keyword(s) to search

HOTD Extras: Inside The Episode, Behind The Scenes, Etc

• Start Topic

I've been hoping that we would get an "Inside-the-Episode"  video for each episode this season (as was done for Game of Thrones).  I didn't find anything on the HBOMax website (which is where I THINK I used to find them before) but then I found this discussion (linked below) of episode 1, which was distributed via Twitter.

Fingers crossed that the link works.  I've struggled with posting links to tweets in the past.

https://twitter.com/HouseofDragon/status/1562510162035744768?s=20&t=5JsdFJ62GW-14ZN21BkEeg

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Useful 1

Yay!  Thank you SilverStormm

Below is a video from the good folks at Alt-Shift-X promoting the show without revealing any plot spoilers though it DOES introduce many of the main characters and it explains the situation that exists at court when the story begins.   But be forewarned that when you watch it YouTube may FIRST feed you an ad for . . . House of the Dragon . . . an ad which contains the kind of wee plot spoilers that some people (like me) work hard to avoid seeing.  So, consider yourself forewarned.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Applause 1

Here's a video from Alt-Shift-X focused on this episode.  

Can we all just take a moment and appreciate their new nickname for House Of The Dragon . . . "HOT D".  Hee!)

Edited by WatchrTina
  • LOL 4
On 8/26/2022 at 12:06 PM, WatchrTina said:

Can we all just take a moment and appreciate their new nickname for House Of The Dragon . . . "HOT D".  Hee!)

It's actually GRRM's own nickname from his blog. I like to think an old man who wrote some many dirty scenes is well aware how Hot D sounds.

There are other extras on HBOMax when you click on each episode. 

Edited by Lady S.
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, WatchrTina said:

Here's a behind-the-scenes video on the filming the scene at Dragonstone in Ep 2.

Smiles. The Volume.  Baby Grogu gave that to them. Well, Jon Favreau and the Mandalorian team.

Edited by magdalene
  • Love 2

Thanks for posting about the royal tournament.  It did look expensive. I love how the writer was like we just need a field and some flags. 

It made me wonder where Robert's tournament was held in GOT. I still think theirs looked good all things considering.

• Love 2

I have a question, and I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask it, but I will start here. After the end of the final episode, they mentioned a making-of series called The House That Dragons Built. My impression was that these are short docs that are extended versions of what we see at the end of each episode, lasting something like 30 minutes to an hour. I have been able to find mentions of it online, but nowhere on the HBO Max site itself. I'm not all that fired up to see it, but I am extremely annoyed that it was part of the promo stuff after the episode and I can't find it. Does anyone know anything about this series and where to find it?

12 hours ago, MJ Frog said:

I have a question, and I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask it, but I will start here. After the end of the final episode, they mentioned a making-of series called The House That Dragons Built. My impression was that these are short docs that are extended versions of what we see at the end of each episode, lasting something like 30 minutes to an hour. I have been able to find mentions of it online, but nowhere on the HBO Max site itself. I'm not all that fired up to see it, but I am extremely annoyed that it was part of the promo stuff after the episode and I can't find it. Does anyone know anything about this series and where to find it?

Is this what you're looking for?  Scroll down for each doc of The House That Dragons Built then swipe all the way right to begin with episode 1's doc.

• Love 1

Thank you! That's it! I swear it didn't pop up when I searched the site the other day, but it does now. I do wish HBO would make this immediately visible when you go to the show. As it stands now, you either have to use the search box, or go to each episode to find it buried with the all the extras. 

But I am also apparently very bad at searching -- I originally posted this question in the wrong thread, not having seen this one. Thankfully, the mods moved it!

• Like 1