Type keyword(s) to search

Alone: Frozen - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I’m glad Winoya won. She certainly deserved it.   I’ve mentioned before that I thought this season was a snoozefest so I may have missed it, but did they show her cooking and eating the fox?  I saw her dealing with the pelt.  

• Like 1

I was thrilled for Woniya and I really related to what she was saying about being discouraged from doing things when she was younger because she was a woman because I too have felt that way.  In one way I'm sure she was showing up all those people that she felt held her back by sticking it out to the end to prove to them and the world that a woman could do this and do it well.  Although she is what, 46 or so?  She sounded more like a woman my age (64) or older but I guess there's no accounting for what kind of backwards culture she might have grown up in.  

23 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I think they generally have an advantage just because of their size, and they may burn off calories slower.

Actually men lose weight faster because it takes so many more calories a day for them to maintain their weight than for women.  And because they have less body fat and more muscle in general than women they tend to burn calories faster.  So really it's the other way around.  And women have lasted a respectable amount of days out there too.  On her first season Callie lasted 89 days.  Carleigh lasted 86 in hers, and was the 4th on the list for longevity overall.  Callie came in second only to Roland who lasted 100 days in his season.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

So pleased to see Woniya win. When her partner told her she was the only one who made it, she asked first if everyone was okay, rather than celebrating the money being all hers, etc. I think that speaks to what a good soul she is.

First woman to win and longest cumulative number of days for anyone on the show. Well done, indeed.

That said, this iteration wasn't nearly as enjoyable a watch as the original recipe version...

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

Woniya for the win.  Congratulations!

Unfortunately it was a very boring season. Being so very sparse in everything there wasn’t really much to film. 

I blame the show for that and not the competitors.   There was nothing, even a fish, for them to show!

A real snooze fest!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, tljgator said:

So pleased to see Woniya win. When her partner told her she was the only one who made it, she asked first if everyone was okay, rather than celebrating the money being all hers, etc. I think that speaks to what a good soul she is.

She had also talked about how she wanted everyone to walk over the finish line together.  She didn't seem to be so focused on the money as on the experience, so it was good to see her win. 

One other thing, they did show one of the contestants who had tapped out, Michelle I think it was, going around removing her traps, so that was good to see.  And it answers a question asked upthread somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Finally got to finish this - vacation last week and so much to catch up on this week.

Glad Woniya went the distance.  She was one of my favorites on her last season and if Amos couldn't do the distance, I wanted her to make it.

Kudos for being the first woman and the competitor with the most days Alone.  

Although that last shot in the helicopter, with her dirty hand over her partner's nice clean one?  Hope she jumps in the shower as soon as she gets back.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, madmax said:

Although that last shot in the helicopter, with her dirty hand over her partner's nice clean one?  Hope she jumps in the shower as soon as she gets back.

Just on that, (and I presume it's been brought up before, but I wouldn't know where to look) I get it that probably for however many days competitors are out there, a bath/wash would likely be out of the question because the temps are so cold and they're not offending anyone else with the way the smell, BUT, I can't stand it if my hands are dirty, sticky or smelly, so no matter how cold it would be, I'd HAVE to at least attempt to wash some of the dirt and grossness from them!

• Like 2
  • Love 1