Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Semifinals 3

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

Dang, they went straight into Mike Silenzi’s run to start the episode  . . . and he cleared it!

They really did start the episode in the middle of a run? I was so confused and wondering if it actually started at 7...

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

They really did start the episode in the middle of a run? I was so confused and wondering if it actually started at 7...

We’re DVRing it to watch later, but I wonder if coverage of the President’s speech ran over and they didn’t delay the show?

2 hours ago, Rickster said:

We’re DVRing it to watch later, but I wonder if coverage of the President’s speech ran over and they didn’t delay the show?

I had the TV muted and unmuted right at 8; there was a commercial on before that. (Only watched a couple minutes of the president before trying to figure out dinner.)

Love Roo Yori but I hope that little puppy isn't bothered by all the noise. (OMG that little tongue!) Can't really tell if he's distressed or just curious.

Aw, yay for Baby Rahn. 👶🏻

Edited by ams1001
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Watching it now. They didn't start in the middle of a run, they showed his full run. They just started the episode with it, without going over the course. There was only 1.5 new obstacles anyways ( .5 because the other new one is the other half of split decision). 

Watching it now, I remember something I noticed last time. Salmon ladder goes right into box office with no footrests. Normally Salmon ladder gives the ninjas foot rests so they can rest their arms before the next one. I wonder if that's part of why Box Office is such a Ninja killer. 

As for the new obstacle, Over Under is a neat one and looks to be a good addition. Looking forward to seeing it more often. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Lots going on tonight . . . but I keep thinking of the puppy Roo Yori brought with him. I think his name was Weasel. I know he was more ears than dog.

Edited by Lantern7

Well, this was much less boring than last week, if nothing else, because we had more finishers.  However, I am heartbroken for Flex (and Chris) and am now much less excited about the national finals without her in it.  I suppose her great streak had to end sometime.  It does look like the first class of great women is starting to fade a bit, between Meghan not being there and Jessie Graf being injured.  Maggie Thorne, too, is a far cry from the athlete she once was.  Nice job to Karen and to Megan Rowe.  

The corn-fed Iowans look like triplets.  I was actually rooting for RJ to make it to the Power Tower, but, oh, well.  Glad he's going to Vegas.  Good for Levi.  

Great to see Ethan Swanson again, and very happy to see Jamie Rahn and his pregnant wife!  Very sweet story.  

Still a bit too much upper body for me and the obstacles tend to blend together a bit, but it was definitely better than last week.  

Edited by SophiaD
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, SophiaD said:

It does look like the first class of great women is starting to fade a bit,

Stated about as gently as possible.  Well done, Sophiad, well done. 

12 hours ago, SophiaD said:

Still a bit too much upper body for me

My fingers continue to ache for the competitors.  My shoulder joints join them for the shocks that they have taken.  These athletes are, in remainder of their lives, going to have the muscles to be artisan bread bakers: :All loaves totally kneaded by hand".  

I can respect kaden lebsack’s skill but when you have EIGHT hours to train because your parents take care of everything in your life, I’m  Not going to think you’re the most amazing thing. And his mom is annoying. I’m petty. 

I don’t think Flex is on the decline. She just won the women’s championship and finished semifinals last year. I do think it’s messed up that a girl who was on the course for 23 seconds is going to finals. Karen Potts was fun to watch. 

• Love 5

Oh, I don't think Flex is past her prime, either.  but Alyssa Beird, Michelle Warnky, Meghan Martin, and Maggie Thorne were all ground-breaking women and they're not going to be in the finals, along with Jessie Graf.  I am happy that Barclay Stockett will be, and I'll be rooting for her, along with Najee, Flip, and a few other old favorites.

The only good thing about Flex and Chris not going through is that they dropped that stupid, made-up "rivalry" between them.  They're both great athletes - can't we just be happy for them? It reminded me of this very annoying shaving commercial they used to play (and overplay) between a married couple during an Olympics season.  I think it was for shaving cream of something.  

I agree with you, @VartanFan.  The teens are impressive, but it's a lot easier to be focused on athletic performance when you don't have to deal with work, bills, and childcare.  

• Like 2

I really hope that Jesse Graf can come back.  She had been hurt and wasn't really 100%.  

Flex looked really uneasy with the thing that took her out.  Did she have to do it in the first go rounds?  Whatever happened, I'm fairly sure she'll be back (if for no other reason but to defend her title).

Michelle Wanky and Megan Martin may be easing their way out.  Megan reported on wall climbing at the last Olympics.  That might become an ongoing gig for her.

The worst thing for me is that I'm having problems remembering the young'uns names!