Type keyword(s) to search

S08.04 - "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyways"

• Start Topic

So, maybe I missed something in the episode, but I didn't hear an explanation as to why the teams were brought back, and others were missing. I found this on the Wikipedia page:

Catherine & Craig, Court & Ali, and Dennis & Durrell were unable to continue in The Amazing Race Canada due to COVID-19. As a result, Cassie & Jahmeek and Jully & Kathy re-entered the competition as replacement teams. Both teams were required to complete a Speed Bump during the leg in which they re-entered the competition.

If three teams were affected, I wonder if others might drop later?  Something tells me that they should have locked down this season more. They had big crowds at the exercise event and whatnot. I guess we'll see how this shakes down.

Karma bit Veronica and Beverley in the ass. They were so smug at the beginning of the episode, and they had nothing but problems. I'm on the fence with them, but still liking the other teams. The racing seemed really hard but Jahmeek really smoked it.

The scenery was phenomenal again.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, aemom said:

If three teams were affected, I wonder if others might drop later?  Something tells me that they should have locked down this season more. They had big crowds at the exercise event and whatnot. I guess we'll see how this shakes down.

Could be difficult unless they chartered their own plane. I had Covid a few weeks ago, and I am pretty sure I caught it on a flight in Canada. If the teams are travelling on commercial flights it seems like an easy way to get covid.

Although they don't seem to have an airline sponsor. so maybe they are chartering flights.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

They've only done one flight so far I think, to get from Montreal to Alberta, so flights probably wouldn't have been a factor. Everything else has been busing, and for the most part they've been pretty isolated it seems. 

So it was horrible luck  that three teams got it at once. 

When the sliding tile puzzle challenge is the easiest part of a leg, you know it's a rough leg. But man, canoeing, that knot tieing challenge, a sliding tile challenge AND the adaptive bike challenge. This was an exhaustive leg for any TAR, let along TARCan.  Oh yeah and then they climb a mountain to the mat at the end just for added challenge. 

And kudos to all the teams in not giving up or using an express pass. It feels like so many TAR racers (especially on TAR USA) will just give up and take the penalty at the first bit of difficulty. 

Nice fakeout from John at the end there too. I doubt this was originally non-Elim, but since they lost 3 teams and only brought 2 back, they probably had to NE it to keep the teams balanced. 

• Love 5

I am gutted the dancers are out. They were my favs. Noooooo!!!!!!!

I feel so sad for everybody who is out, plus we are stuck with a team who doesn't really deserve so many chances. Still a good, tough leg and I enjoyed it. 

Just now watching. Really uncomfortable with Jully singing “hallelujah “ and praising God for her second chance, since it only came because multiple people got sick, possibly including a woman with terminal brain cancer.