Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Team Work Makes The Dream Work

• Start Topic

I *loved* the tree baby.  Everything about it was harder than the other piece. I would love to own that.

I think it was much more interesting than the literal (again!) interpretation of hot and spicy as flame and pepper? Really?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Eliza422 said:

hot and spicy as flame and pepper?

also, I thought both the flames, and *especially* the peppers, were kinda "gift shop style." I mean pretty, but just repeating something over and over that's pretty is not exactly art.

• Love 4
Just now, dleighg said:

also, I thought both the flames, and *especially* the peppers, were kinda "gift shop style." I mean pretty, but just repeating something over and over that's pretty is not exactly art.

Definitely! Even the main judge said they were eye candy - exactly what you use to draw people into your shop. There was nothing else conceptually to that piece at all.

• Love 2

I couldn’t help cackling during the judging when Nick Uhas kept being like “Wow, I LOVE this!!” about the flame & peppers, followed by Katherine and the glass judges being basically like “Wellll, actually it’s very pedestrian and basic and would only appeal to simple minds with no understanding of sophistication or technique.” 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Weren't their synonyms "alive" and "well"? At any rate they chose to depict it as "Little Otik" from the Czech fairy tale about a tree stump adopted as a substitute baby that begins eating everything in sight.

I thought the arrangement of the flames and peppers lent them a bit more complexity than their construction alone, and the piece was very pretty. But I can see the judges going for the more difficult, symbolic piece even if it wasn't as visually impressive. And Dan deserved to go home two challenges ago for that crap thimble, so I'm not going to mourn his string of peppers getting the axe.

Edited by Bruinsfan