Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: We Love Weenies!

• Start Topic

Driving around those carts delivering the hot dogs seemed a bit challenging for some teams.  I have a feeling that yelling the instructions of what dogs to get while they stood at the door was not exactly what the producers had in mind, lol.

The 80's exercise class was pretty funny and I enjoyed seeing the town be very involved with the whole enterprise.

The bike assembly vs the fly fishing - both seemed tough.  While other teams wisely helped each other for the fly fishing (that was a lot to remember), Cassie & Jahmeek were alone at the detour and wisely would listen to a bit at a time - go arrange those flies - and then come back.

They seemed rather incredulous that they were eliminated, but that's what usually happens when you finish last.  I don't know how long they tried to assemble the bike, but you really have to think long and hard before you switch detours because it will often backfire on you as it probably did here.

I don't hate anyone yet and the young guys are smartly milking getting help from everyone as long as they can before handing out those Express Passes.

• Love 1

Craig was made for that roadblock challenge, and I loved that the spectators got totally involved too. 

Cassie’s comment about waiting 2 years to get pregnant, I wonder how long ago this cast was chosen, then had to wait until they decided to start filming the new season. 

2 hours ago, hula-la said:

Cassie’s comment about waiting 2 years to get pregnant, I wonder how long ago this cast was chosen, then had to wait until they decided to start filming the new season. 

From what I saw in the media, they were getting ready to film in 2020, and everything was put on hold.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

according to the previews it looks like the first team eliminated is brought back. Do not like that!

Wonder if that means another couple had to drop out?

The challenges so far are very, um, challenging. Way more than the American version, I think. Remembering multiple food orders, assembling a bike or flies, and then remembering an exercise routine - that’s a lot of brain power to use in one leg. 

Not a fan of bringing a team back, unless there was some sort of error in their elimination, but I can’t think of anything. I watched the Spring Baking Championship and they brought a contestant back because the dingbat host messed with her timer and things burned, she lost and was eliminated. Bringing her back made sense, but I can’t think of a reason to bring this team back to TARCAN. Even if a team dropped out, so what? Make another leg a non-elim to account for one less team. 

I do love seeing the interesting and offbeat things that go on in places all over Canada. An ‘80s exercise club? Why not!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Shermie said:

The challenges so far are very, um, challenging. Way more than the American version, I think.

That is one thing that I have always really liked about TAR Canada.  If you win, you've really earned it!

• Love 4

I also really like that the TAR Canada tasks seem to involve actual thinking and figuring things out.  I will always love TAR, but it's so much different than in the beginning.  

I think the shows airs on Tuesdays?  Where I watch it at doesn't show up for several days later so I'm really curious to see what you all say about the returning contestants.  

If you are going to switch detours, you need to figure that out quickly.  If you've already spent a lot of time at a task, you are probably better off staying there.  Every once in a while the roadblocks are so lop-sided that switching late could still make sense.  But usually they are pretty balanced.

The dancers seem to be getting lucky with tasks that are suited to their strengths so far.

• Love 1