Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Is This Guy Weird?

• Start Topic

"Holey Moley's penultimate episode, where eight contestants compete for the last spot in the finals, sees an interesting putting stance on Dutch Courage En Fuego, a loud and interesting duo on The Distractor, and Rob Riggle professing his love to Miss Piggy rom-com style. Later, Stephen Curry stops by the course to explain King Parthur's Court. On Sweet Donut Hole competitors compare flavor notes, and the final round takes place on the The Trap-Tee-Zee. Only one competitor leaves with the golden putter, coveted plaid jacket and a chance to compete for the $250,000 prize.

• Love 1

A lot of laughs tonight. Only thing not funny was the weird guy. All the contestants have demonstrated great sportsmanship except for this guy. So glad he got eliminated.

Very sad that next week is the finale. I just love this show.

• Love 3

Thank goodness Boca Joe didn't win it all. You know it's bad when the hosts turn on you. They didn't like the "weird" guy, either.

So Michelle the water polo player was wearing a white top and sweater, and went into the brown water on Hole Number 2. Then, when she showed up in Round 2, her white top and sweater were pristine. Not even just dried out, but as white as ever. So does this mean that all the clothes the contestants wear (not just the obvious costumes like the trapeze outfits) are actually outfits assigned by the show and they have a spare set? Or did they run her clothes through a washing machine between rounds? I could see drying them because they filmed this in winter and they wouldn't want the players standing around that long in wet clothes...but washing them? (I'm sure this has happened before, but I just noticed it with her because her clothes were so very white.)

They did a good job pumping things up for the finale! Feels weird to have it end in mid-July.

(edited)

Oh, sheesh. Just starting but the Mark guy grew up where I'm originally from in PA. Nervous about what an ass he's gonna make of himself.

Not the first time someone from the area has popped up on a game show. We had one of the worst jeopardy players and a family that tanked on the Feud. Trying to figure out what high school he went to but Mark Smalls is a pretty generic name (I shouldn't pick on him for that, mine is WAY more generic.]

His instagram does not bode well. Yep, wow, that guy.

They probably do keep duplicate clothes on hand. Aside from sitting around in the cold being wet, there's also the risk of tearing clothes inappropriately or even getting blood on a piece of clothing. But she clearly showered as her hair was also clean. And yeah, it's LA, but we certainly have had some rain, so there's the possibiliy that they had to push production.

Edited by grandmabegum
  • Love 2

Yeah, I've noticed on other episodes that sometimes the contestants are wet and sometimes their clothes and hair are dry on the next hole. Probably has to do with the filming schedule.

There was an article linked in a past season that said the filming is enormously complex and we should not necessarily assume an episode progresses hole by hole in filming. For example, If they're set up to film King Parthur's Court, they may film several matchups from several episodes all at once before setting up at another hole. I couldn't figure how they did it and still got the sequencing in the episodes right.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Is This Guy Weird?

Yep.  And creepy too. 

And the Boca Raton guy was a jerk but not a total jerk.

I'm glad Birdie won the game. 

I hope Rob is done with Miss Piggy.  I never cared for her.  And why wasn't her face all covered in chocolate from shoving those things into her face so fast?

Edited by Trey
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Trey said:

I hope Rob is done with Miss Piggy.  I never cared for her.  And why wasn't her face all covered in chocolate from shoving those things into her face so fast?

Years of practice.

On 7/5/2022 at 9:11 PM, tracyscott76 said:

So Michelle the water polo player was wearing a white top and sweater, and went into the brown water on Hole Number 2. Then, when she showed up in Round 2, her white top and sweater were pristine.

I think it was last week that Joe and Rob were making fun of the player who was wearing white, then wearing brown, after falling into Hole Number 2. I've often wondered about filming order when putters show up all dry with perfect hair after taking a dive.

SO glad Birdie won. So glad.

• Love 4
(edited)

I finally got to watch this, it wasn't easy to find since the ABC site won't run.      

I can't stand Mark Smalls, and the Boca guy.    I think this is the first time Joe and Rob both seemed to dislike someone so much, and they had to be on the same episode.     Mark Smalls was obnoxious, and I love that Birdie beat him.   She seemed like the nice, supportive, good sport, and Smalls was her exact opposite.    I really enjoyed how he was launched into the water on the Double Dutch en Fuego first windmill. Course Master Joe seemed to dislike both of them too.  

I love Birdie!  I love how the ball dropped for her. 

Mark Smalls was awful.    He actually broke his club because he lost?    I love Course Marshal Joe telling him off.   And Rob saying Smalls walked out to the parking lot to slash Course Marshal Joe's tires. 

Boca was a big jerk too.  I loved him losing to Birdie. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Love 2